3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

Hi Skater

Mind sharing more details of loan LVR and if possible who you spoke to at Wesucks ? I spoke to them this morning and their best rate is 5.79% 3 year fixed for me...tks!

With wbc they are quite aware fo when someone threatens to move and isn't in a good posn to do so

Lvr etc can be a major consideration as to what they will hold onto

Ta
rolf

Hi Skater

Mind sharing more details of loan LVR and if possible who you spoke to at Wesucks ? I spoke to them this morning and their best rate is 5.79% 3 year fixed for me...tks!

I'm out at the moment om the iPad. If you send me a pm, so I don't forget, I'll give you all the info. Oh and while we're discussing this, I got a call this morning to confirm all is well and the rate.

Wesucks

Hiya

Just fixed majority of my loans with Wesucks at 5.59% for 3 years:D

Piece of cake: just quote Suncorp 5.57 and St George 5.59 and away we go!

Thanks for the heads up Skater....i owe you coffee if ever we get to meet:p

Hey guys. Do we think it's a good time to fix? I'm considering it.

Two knowledgeable mortgage brokers tell me that anything with a 5 in front of it is a great bet in regards to fixing as traditionally rates are around the 7%.

Have booked an appointment with the local CBA manager. Sounds promising to fix in below what's advertised. mentioned St George at 5.59% and they think it shouldn't be an issue

Fixed rates -yee haa

Hiya

Don't quote me but a little bird whispered in my ear to wait till this Friday...a major bank mayl cut their 3 year fixed rates so much they will be the price leader:D (and i have one loan with them and will refinance another if this happens...)-i see tiger stripes in my dream:D

I'm at the start of a construction loan slab payment just done.
Is it possible to fix ???

unlikley

loan will need to be fully drawn, then tick and flick...........unless u are with one of them sad lenders that wants a full loan app for any variation at all

t
arolf

Hiya

Don't quote me but a little bird whispered in my ear to wait till this Friday...a major bank mayl cut their 3 year fixed rates so much they will be the price leader:D (and i have one loan with them and will refinance another if this happens...)-i see tiger stripes in my dream:D

This is interesting cause the cost of funds have gone up in recent weeks that at least one lender has put their 3 year fixed rate up.

This is interesting cause the cost of funds have gone up in recent weeks that at least one lender has put their 3 year fixed rate up.

3 year swaps seemed to have bottomed out in June/July, but this may not rule out a "special deal" like the WBC 4.99% one a few years ago.

If the bank that you're with doesn't come out with this low rate, or won't match it, then it's no good to you though.

And if you try to re-finance to the bank with the special deal and your application gets rejected, you run the risk of your existing banks' rates going up while you wait... and the move up may be bigger than you expect.

Back