3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

hmm i suppose, if there is 5.99 for 5 years i might be tempted as well

although seeing the cost of funds are increasing, it would be surprising if they can lower the rate from what it is now

We have some more movement from ANZ at 5.80% for 2 years now, lowest fixed rate available at present.

Waiting to see more action from CBA, NAB, WBC......

Heard from AMP CPA package 5.84% for three years and expected a drop 25 points next monday. That has to be the best so far:p. I am in to find out more about fees and comparasion rate.

Any one is using comparasion rate as a reference for benchmarking products at all?

Any one is using comparasion rate as a reference for benchmarking products at all?

Only if you calculate it yourself from the actual data that applies, not the airey fairy official method, which tries to compare carrots to oranges because they are the same colour.

The biggest issue with Fixed CR rates is what the ROLL rate is at the end of the fixed period..................

ta
rolf

Only if you calculate it yourself from the actual data that applies, not the airey fairy official method, which tries to compare carrots to oranges because they are the same colour.

The biggest issue with Fixed CR rates is what the ROLL rate is at the end of the fixed period..................

ta
rolf

Hi Rolf,
Pardon my ignorance but I've not heard of the term "Roll rate" before; are u referring to the rate you go back to at the end of the fixed rate period?
Cheers

Heard from AMP CPA package 5.84% for three years and expected a drop 25 points next monday. That has to be the best so far:p. I am in to find out more about fees and comparasion rate.

Hi

I've just spoken to the AMP people and they confirm the current 3 year rate is definitely 5.99% and not 5.84%; they confirmed no further .015% discount! They also said the .025% further move was still just associated with the RBA December rate cut and that this further move was relevant only for the variable rate.

So unless informed otherwise their 3 year rate sits at 5.99%
Cheers
Roger

Roger, you will need to be CPA member to get 15 points off from AMP fix rate. It is affility package. No package fee as well.

Is any one a AMP customer or used to be here? Any good , bad experiences?

Roger, you will need to be CPA member to get 15 points off from AMP fix rate. It is affility package. No package fee as well.

Is any one a AMP customer or used to be here? Any good , bad experiences?

Good overall lender. Poor policy concerning construction though.

Regards
Michael

Hi Mr Chan. What if you are a member of say the Public Sector Union and get the 0.15% off fixed 3yr loan. Then sometime into the fixed loan you leave the union, maybe through a change of employer. Will AMP revoke the discounted rate for being in the Public Sector Union.

Back