3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

I am getting a bit nervous now. Not sure whether we should lock in or not. It would be nice to lock in around the mid 5's but as you say it might not happen and as they start to go up it goes up pretty quick right.

if u keep a close eye on 3 and 5 yr bond rates I reckon you will have a good chance of picking the bounce from the bottom

ta
rolf

* P and I only

* No portability ( swap security, if you decide to sell) ; so you MUST be sure you want to keep this for 15 years.:rolleyes:

* $345 Annual fee

* $1,200 set up cost

* Postcode restriction applies- Cat 1 and 2 only( no mining or rural town) + No NT.

Equity release is allowed. but generally not the best lender for this purpose... and the equity release will be done as a 2nd product ( variable rate or it's own new fixed rate term etc...)

Regards
Michael

Sounds like a good deal for a commercial property rather than a residential one.

It's actually a commercial type "bond" fixed rate....hence the higher set up cost - but targeted at resi properties only...but yea true- holding a resi for 15 yeas is hard to predict :(

OK for PPOR...not sure abt an IP....

Reagrds
Michael

FYI-

Iden financial ( funded via Adelaide bank) is offering 5.74% for 2 years -and i think this is the same rate for I/o as well ( will have to check that though, doubt it but we shall be optimistic...) ;)

Regards
Michael

FYI-

Iden financial ( funded via Adelaide bank) is offering 5.74% for 2 years -and i think this is the same rate for I/o as well ( will have to check that though, doubt it but we shall be optimistic...) ;)

Regards
Michael

Hi Michael,

Any updates on this offer? Is the rate same for I/O applications as well? I cannot find anything on their website (www.iden.com.au).

Thanks

Sorry i haven't checked yet- ill shoot an email to their credit team and check.

My feeling is that it's for P/I only tho.

But if anybody find out before then- Post the answer up :)

Regards
Michael

I/O available at the same rate.

2 years fixed 5.57% - I/O.
Revert to standard variable that's currently 6.34%.

P.s Corrected the rate- YES that's right it's 5.57% !!!! for 2 years.

Note- This product has a higher set up cost ~ $1,250

Regards
Michael

Last edited:
Back