3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

I see NAB 3 years @ 5.99%. Is this correct? I looked it on the website.

I'm with NAB, will I get a further discount if I'm on a package or something?

you should get .1% discount for choice package but with st george and suncorp at 5.59 and 5.57% not really much incentive to stay. particularly st george offer $700 refinance rebate till the end of the month.

I see NAB 3 years @ 5.99%. Is this correct? I looked it on the website.

I'm with NAB, will I get a further discount if I'm on a package or something?

Get your broker to "package" a mortgage discharge and watch the NAB match close to anything, having you save the hassle of jumping through the hoops to another lender.

Churning a mortgage loan for rate is often avoidable if RATE is the only issue.

Obviously for credit reasons, valautions, serviceability are other logical and sensible reasons to move. If you get a better rate, then thats a bonus as well

ta
rolf

certainly a few very good 2 and 3 year offers. Particularly for investors, who dont need variable or extra repayments( if they have non deductible debt to pay down) The current offers take a good 30-40 bpts off most investors current variable rates, so that's a nice little bit of savings on the investment side that can be redeployed towards the non deductible side.

On PPOR's- if you take fixed, be sure to also take a small variable split with an offset so that you can keep up your current level of repayments into the variable portion- builds a nice safety net and helps take best advantage of things.

5.48% for 2 years fixed at loans.com.au. Combined with a variable offset at 5.9% its a good deal.
The STG rate is very well priced too. Not a very investor friendly lender though. Im sure it wont be long before Westpac gets their 2 and 3 year rates down in the mid 5's either.

Yes it would be interesting to see what Westpac however I'm not holding my breath. They have been consistently more expensive than the other lenders for the past year. Hopefully they will start to change.

I think the St George 5.59% and Suncorp 5.57% 3 year fixed rates are pretty good.

I'm going to ask my current lender to match these rates, and if so will look at locking in 60-70% of my IP debt, and if rates move even lower than this will fix the rest then.

I think the St George 5.59% and Suncorp 5.57% 3 year fixed rates are pretty good.

I'm going to ask my current lender to match these rates, and if so will look at locking in 60-70% of my IP debt, and if rates move even lower than this will fix the rest then.

please keep us updated to how you go on getting this matched with your current lender cause it can be difficult getting fixed rates matched.

So whats the current state of play..

5.59% Westpac (comp 6.55%)
5.74% Choicelend combo offer 3 year fixed (comp 6.16%)
5.79% CBA MAV package 3 year fixed (comp 6.52%)
5.85% Citibank 3 year fixed (comp 6.87%)

Back