3 and 5 year fixed rate thread

I've been trying with CBA to get 4.99% for three years, but still no luck. the fixed rate is 5.24% (with the wealth package) and my current variable is 5.4%, so maybe they just haven't caught up yet?

4.98 sounds good!

I've been trying with CBA to get 4.99% for three years, but still no luck. the fixed rate is 5.24% (with the wealth package) and my current variable is 5.4%, so maybe they just haven't caught up yet?

4.98 sounds good!

if you really want to stay with CBA then keep trying them weekly. if you dont mind moving then st george, suncorp and ANZ are all 4.99 or below. if you move you might also be able to get a bigger discount off any variable rate split.

if you really want to stay with CBA then keep trying them weekly. if you dont mind moving then st george, suncorp and ANZ are all 4.99 or below. if you move you might also be able to get a bigger discount off any variable rate split.

My most recent conversation with someone in the 'know' was that at this stage CBA isn't planning to match the 3 Year Fixed Rate, as at this stage they are still offering the 2 Year Fixed @ 4.99% which others aren't...

But as more go and competition increases its likely to change.

For the cost (time and money) involved in switching I wouldn't be looking to change just yet, expecting them to match eventually.... unless you really need a 3YR @ 4.99%??

I have a loan settling mid June, hopefully by then they have dropped rates on the longer ones.

My most recent conversation with someone in the 'know' was that at this stage CBA isn't planning to match the 3 Year Fixed Rate, as at this stage they are still offering the 2 Year Fixed @ 4.99% which others aren't...

nab is still offering 4.99% fixed for 2 years.

NAB is still sitting at 5.29 (comp 5.84) under choice package for their 3 year fixed rate. There must be some pressure to start reducing soon.

They probably have similar thoughts to CBA having 2yrs at 4.99%

Be interesting to see if cba and nab join in on the 3 and if they keep their 2 year as is.

Not good enough for Australia's largest bank..

Delfredo, you suggesting that because they are the largest they should have the lowest rate across all different terms always?

I think that its great that they have at least lowered the rate of the 3, 4 & 5 year terms... along with keeping the 2YR @ 4.99%

CBA current fixed rates on wealth package (see commbank.com for comp rates)

1YR Fixed 5.19%
2YR Fixed 4.99%
3YR Fixed 5.09%
4YR Fixed 5.39%
5YR Fixed 5.49%

CBA or any other bank question is how low will they go???

For those that are interested in CBA Fixed Rates...

Recently have been able to get few through pricing, although first time both came back declined... few days later tried again and approved :)

4.99% for 3YEARS for existing clients <80% lvr >$250k

4.89% for 2YEARS for new client >90% lvr >$250k

Back