3 and 5 year fixed rate thread

Would CBA match ME bank?

I too am monitoring the rates as I would like to fix my CBA loans so hoping one of the mentioned banks drop their rates to a lower point.

Would really like to lock the rate in for 3 years.

ING new fixed rates as of tomorrow.

1 and 2 years - 4.69%
3 years - 4.89%

Also interesting....Bankwest has increased their 3 years fixed rate from 4.83% to 4.99% same goes for the 5 years...5.49% to 5.59%.

CBA New Fixed Rates (on wealth package)

2 YEAR 4.79% (decrease of 0.10%)

3 YEAR 4.94% (increase of 0.05%)

*Note CBA still offering 'Fixed Rate Home Loan Guarantee Offer' until 30/9*

ING new fixed rates as of tomorrow.
1 and 2 years - 4.69%
3 years - 4.89%

I find ING interesting. Though there rate is quiet attractive, but the interest rate they used for calculation for borrowing/serviceability is like 8%, while most other major banks use 6.x%. So while I can get my loan push through easily with CBA, no so easy with ING...happy to prove I am wrong here!!

I find ING interesting. Though there rate is quiet attractive, but the interest rate they used for calculation for borrowing/serviceability is like 8%, while most other major banks use 6.x%. So while I can get my loan push through easily with CBA, no so easy with ING...happy to prove I am wrong here!!

Yes 8% with ING...other banks range from 5.70%- 8.5% ( roughly)
CBA is around 6.30-7.40% . So it's always a good idea to maximize the hardest "serviceability lenders" first and then leave some of the "easier lenders last.

....So it's always a good idea to maximize the hardest "serviceability lenders" first and then leave some of the "easier lenders last.

That's a nice concept MC haven't thought of that, however like some of the investors here I did the reverse and find it increasingly hard to get sign off if they use such high interest rate in their calculation.

Some of the 2 and 3 years fixe rate are starting to mover upwards...I personally would consider a rate lock in some cases - depending on the lender ( if they have increased already, last increase/decrease, cost of the rate lock and current fixed rate) and settlement period

Some of the 2 and 3 years fixe rate are starting to mover upwards...I personally would consider a rate lock in some cases - depending on the lender ( if they have increased already, last increase/decrease, cost of the rate lock and current fixed rate) and settlement period

interesting!
which ones?

from today's Money Morning

"There has been some conjecture that Australian interest rates may have finished falling and the next move (according to some) will be for rates to rise.

The prospect of Australia raising interest rates against a global backdrop of ultra low rates is pretty slim. The other reason I suspect rates will go even lower in Australia is the comparative strength of our dollar. The recent fall from $1.05 to the low 90-cent range is not enough to restore our international competitiveness. "

hard to understand why fixed rates would be heading up?

should add that the rest of the article had some pretty interesting thoughts beyond that

Fixed rates with 100% offset

Just got these rates from my broker

THE BEST FIXED RATES I HAVE FOUND WITH 100% OFFSET ACCOUNT

1 Yr - 4.66%
2 Yr - 4.78%
3 Yr - 5.03%

WITHOUT THE OFFSET FACILITY

1 Yr - 4.39
2 Yr - 4.54%
3 Yr - 4.64%

Just got these rates from my broker

THE BEST FIXED RATES I HAVE FOUND WITH 100% OFFSET ACCOUNT

1 Yr - 4.66%
2 Yr - 4.78%
3 Yr - 5.03%

WITHOUT THE OFFSET FACILITY

1 Yr - 4.39
2 Yr - 4.54%
3 Yr - 4.64%

If your going for lowest rate, then check cannex/canstar, because (without offset)
Greater Building society
1 Year Fixed Rate 4.34%
Newcastle permanent is
2 Year Fixed Rate 4.49% p.a.

and the 3 yr fixed of 4.64 is AMP.

Back