50 Million..

OZ Lotto this Tuesday have a jackpot of 50 mill if you can line all the numbers up,how often do people play when the jackpot is this high and if you won would you tell anybody,and how would you invest that sum of money,i found 5:rolleyes: bucks on my walk in the park this morning so my ticket is in good luck willair..

OZ Lotto this Tuesday have a jackpot of 50 mill if you can line all the numbers up,how often do people play when the jackpot is this high and if you won would you tell anybody,and how would you invest that sum of money,i found 5:rolleyes: bucks on my walk in the park this morning so my ticket is in good luck willair..

I dont chase these games cause their payouts for lower divisions are always so low..but I do have a ticket

Sure id tell everybody that I won in my family.....from the Bahamas.

Offer: If i win I'll share 20% with you on the condition you share 20% with me??? Div one only and must be a 1 million smackers plus win.

I won a huge $55.00 a few weeks ago so I have good recent form..trouble is its been 4 years in between drinks with a win of any kind. :)

Deal??? :)

If I won, I'd call the boss and tell him I that had anal glaucoma. You know, where you just can't see you're @**** getting to work today. Or any other day.

I thought for once i'd join in on the silly hubris on this forum and reply:

"whats a boss?"............"whats work?" :D

If I won, I'd call the boss and tell him I that had anal glaucoma. You know, where you just can't see you're @**** getting to work today. Or any other day.

I'd keep it very hush, and anonymously fund every kid in the childrens ward at westmead there wish. I hate watching TV and seeing sick kids.

I'm never in it to win it so don't know.....too busy making my own "luck" to bother with lotto or any form of gambling...;)

Same here Ev....who's boss....Me...!:D

I'd tell no one but secretly help my daughter.

I would want to invest the lot in something pretty cast iron, even if it meant an average return and purely live off the interest and never touch the capital.

I'm having a break from things at the moment but my partner said he'd work till the end of the financial year (he works in payroll and they are very busy at the moment) then he'd quit and we'd travel.

I'd do property development in between our travels. We could then help out others with them thinking that we earned the money from development.

If the GFC hadn't happened, I would have been doing my first development about now *sigh*

We bought a quick-pick for this one, but normally never play.

I would tell the whole family, and give an even amount of "gift" to each "immediate" family as a once off. Our families aren't too big.

I'll be saying "here is a present; don't ask for any more, because you will get nothing."

What they do with it is their business; hopefully something sensible.

Otherwise, the dramas would never end; people get resentful, some get needy and would harass you for handouts and so on.

who wan't first divi? not me. all that media attention and hype.

i'l take second divi - who knows, i might even buy a ticket this time. i won $75 the first time i played oz lotto for $20mil, and haven't played since.

meh. i might give it a crack.

what to do with the money...? well, it's free so find a number of solid CG performing properties, comm and resi, and make the rent cover the lot and wait.

pay off the mortgage.

then take a holiday to somewhere OXFAM invests and put the money DIRECTLY in the pockets of those helping right there.

then take it easy - with zero mortgage i think i could do a lot with my free time.

I wouldn't tell a soul cept for immediate family...for a while.

I would continue to work...only so I can do all and say all the things Ive wanted to say to my boss' and/or other people doing things wrong, without worrying If I'll advance my career or still hold a job/ or worry about a good reference.

There was something on the morning news about this lotto today, saying that the lotto is reaping it in in these massive kind of lotteries and it is alot worse off for every other individual...as you have much less chance of getting a win. And if you do get a win it is shared with so many other people.

They mentioned especially in these economic times, people are flocking to buy tickets. News Agencies with good records had people lining up for hours I heard.

I think the lotteries know this and in a way think there taken advantage of the desperate people..

Oh well if it gives them hope for a week, so be it.

:)

Really, you're beyond everyone you know by having that much in the bank.

Think of the people who win on a scratchie, then go and double up on more scratchies only to loose.

People who win invariably dont know how to handle it. That being said I dont think most people would.

FWIW, anyone that replied to this thread can now speculate what they'd do with an extra 10 mill. The 50 mill didn't go off so next weeks jackpot will be 60 MILLION DOLLARS :eek:

Regards
Marty

Really, you're beyond everyone you know by having that much in the bank.

Think of the people who win on a scratchie, then go and double up on more scratchies only to loose.

People who win invariably dont know how to handle it. That being said I dont think most people would.

yeah - god yeah. it's so true. they're only playing for the thrill.

out for the hunt, not the turkey.

OMG, I can see the queues at newsagents already! :eek:

This last Tuesday, the queue at our local newsagent's went out the door of the shopping centre, across the front and halfway down the side wall in the carpark.

Cheers
Lynn
LynnH

$50M (or is it $90M now....) is enough to retire, I wouldn't subject myself to the stress of the working week any longer, like to think I've a good grounding to know what to do with to ensure that I can successfully execute a well funded retirement ;)

Back