A falling out with my daughter

I had a falling out with my daughter this weekend.

She turned 21, and for her present, wanted to skydive.

I jokingly suggested that I do it with her.

She was just so enthusiastic about the idea that I couldn't really refuse.

So, for the first time in my life, at age 60, I did it.

An incredible experience- and something I had always promised myself that I would do.

Geoff00091.JPG

Well done geoffw!!! That takes guts.

I did a skydive when I was about 18 in the days before it was compulsory to go with an instructor.

It was fantastic! But the scariest thing I've ever done. Wouldn't catch me doing it now.

You're double brave to do it now that you're older and hopefully wiser :)

awesome!
I skydived for the first time a few years ago,

absolutely loved it, would do it every weekend if I could

for everyone else who wants a bit of excitement, just do it!!!

being scared of heights actually doesnt matter

Got one of these for hubby's 40th birthday in Puerto Rico, we were living in the West Indies at the time so not such a big stretch to get it done....scared sh***ess of heights but no one was free to go with him. I ended up doing tandem, most amazing thing I ever did.
I will add that if I hadn't been attached to someone hellbent on jumping, I would NEVER have jumped. Would do it again in a heartbeat....the adrenalin rush during the free fall and the silence after the chute went up, never experienced such enjoyable peacefulness in my life!!

One of the best things I ever did.

Would love to do more.

Actually, the jump I did was for my 40th too but not before negotiating on an IP. and right after the jump we went back to negotiations and stitched the deal !

All in a days work.

My skydiving instructor was named "animal". Said it all really. This was in the days before advanced freefall and even tandem. We practised for 6 hours jumping from a 6 foot high box and rolling on the ground before going to 2000 feet and jumping with ex-military style gear. The landings needed to be rolled to save ones knees and ankles. The exit was mandatory and the finger nail marks on the aeroplane door showed that everyone was going out that door, sometimes with a little "help".

I went back to flying aeroplanes, these could go back up again and didn't scare the $h1t out of me quite as much.

Anyhow, as for teenage daughters they just told me to go jump, nothing about any sky diving.

One of the best things I ever did.

Would love to do more.

Actually, the jump I did was for my 40th too but not before negotiating on an IP. and right after the jump we went back to negotiations and stitched the deal !

All in a days work.

Lol, I can see why...the high you get from the jump, it lasted for at least 48hrs... How did you end up with just one IP that time...I think if I had even been considering Ip's at the time, I would have gone into hock for anything in that mood!!

I jumped as a birthday present around 8 years ago.

All I can remember is spinning over and over (sky/ground/sky/ground ... ), closing my eyes and praying "make it stop make it stop make it stop".

Never again

Back