a list of BS jobs and scammers

In some countries the difference between a cop and a gangster is the cop has a badge. In this country the difference between some BS jobs and scammers is the BS jobs don't provide any real service/good but still take/scam your hard earned money. My initial list is :
- some psychologists (my workplace offers 3 free sessions so the psychologist will sign you up for the 3 sessions and spit you out quicker than you can say what)
- many real estate agents and/or BAs
- 100% John Edward (crossing over medium), clairvoyant, feng shui
- 99% naturopaths, TCM, and most BS alternative medicine
- 90% financial destroyer/not an adviser
- accountants who flog HDT,
- useless pollies who junket first class tax funded fully paid holiday with the girlfriend/mistress, google half page holiday report, and who retire with $100K pa(indexed) of our tax money at age 35

Care to add some more ?

Last edited:
- lawyers that charge to open emails... writing it down on the bill would take longer than reading the email
- postage & petties on management statements.... ok so I am paying you plus your office costs?
- stamp duty on GST... a tax on a tax
- stamp duty... a nonsense tax
- people that charge you for a quote
- honour fees from banks....$1 overdrawn and it's a $45 fee
- banks that call themselves western australian but follow victorian holidays and time zones
- cheques that have cleared funds sitting in bankland for 3 or more days
- plumbers charging for their licence fee on the bill
- windscreen washers approaching you at the lights in your fresh out of the box new car

In some countries the difference between a cop and a gangster is the cop has a badge. In this country the difference between some BS jobs and scammers is the BS jobs don't provide any real service/good but still take/scam your hard earned money. My initial list is :
- some psychologists (my workplace offers 3 free sessions so the psychologist will sign you up for the 3 sessions and spit you out quicker than you can say what)
- 100% John Edward (crossing over medium), clairvoyant, feng shui
- 99% naturopaths, TCM, and most BS alternative medicine
- 90% financial destroyer/not an adviser
- accountants who flog HDT,
- useless pollies who junket first class tax funded fully paid holiday with the girlfriend/mistress, google half page holiday report, and who retire with $100K pa(indexed) of our tax money at age 35

Care to add some more ?
Can't think of anymore, i think you have covered all the snake oil humantarians,i know there are good Accountants out there,what i have found most taxi cab drivers know more then most politicans in this country at least with taxi drivers you get what you pay for,what Labor is doing to this country is the biggest longterm scam ever..willair..

scam job?

- how about civil servants? hiding behind a system that protects nothing and hides responsibilty is not fun to deal with.

- dodo australia employees.

What is scam can be considered essential service to others.

OK, it can be controversial, but IMO some of the following are scams:

1) fines for just exceeding speed limits when you are overtaking a hogger on the highway

2) disallowance by council planning authority for seeking to 'fit-out' the sub-floor to provide ground level accommodation for the aged and disabled (because it exceeds the specified 'plot ratio')

3) any time you have to disconnect the electrical cable to replace any electrical appliance or fitting (because you need the electrical certificate) even if you are an engineer and other knowledgeable professional

No offense is meant to any who makes a living from enforcing the above. Shield from the rotten tomato. :eek::p

What is scam can be considered essential service to others.

OK, it can be controversial, but IMO some of the following are scams:

1) fines for just exceeding speed limits when you are overtaking a hogger on the highway

2) disallowance by council planning authority for seeking to 'fit-out' the sub-floor to provide ground level accommodation for the aged and disabled (because it exceeds the specified 'plot ratio')

3) any time you have to disconnect the electrical cable to replace any electrical appliance or fitting (because you need the electrical certificate) even if you are an engineer and other knowledgeable professional

No offense is meant to any who makes a living from enforcing the above. Shield from the rotten tomato. :eek::p

kudos.

wiring an electrical item is black to black, red to red, yellow and green to yellow and green. it ain't hard. those funky colours mess with me a bit, but hey, we have clipsal switches for a reason! wire it up, turn it on, switch pops - okay, swap the blue and brown over.

same with plumbing - anyone good with an oxy can weld copper pipe and using blu-gloo on PVC pipe is a no-brainer - hell, i know someone who can weld aluminium foil in the shape of a pyramid.

DIY is fun till you die. so live it up.

Companies that charge for advertising in booklets that do not exist.

Companies that advertise goods as discounted when the products were never retailed at the full price

Companies that have closing down sales - again and again

Supermarkets and stores that advertise specials but never have any stock

Supermarkets and stores that advertise specials but never have any stock

This is a standard world-wide business practice in all (retail) industries.

Legally, they have to have some stock of an item when they advertise the product, but it might only be one item. of course; it sells out quickly, but the result is achieved.

The idea is to switch the customer up or over to an other product when they enquire or come in to buy the advertised product.

Some even advertise a product at a loss - called a "loss leader" - to give the market the perception they are cheap across the board, when they may be selling every other product at normal retail.

At least half of all tradies out there! You'd think with 4 years hands on training they'd know how to do their job properly!

And chiropractors.

This is a standard world-wide business practice in all (retail) industries.

Legally, they have to have some stock of an item when they advertise the product, but it might only be one item. of course; it sells out quickly, but the result is achieved.

The idea is to switch the customer up or over to an other product when they enquire or come in to buy the advertised product.

Some even advertise a product at a loss - called a "loss leader" - to give the market the perception they are cheap across the board, when they may be selling every other product at normal retail.

yes we know why they do it...

Oh come on! Please do not make the mistake of lumping BA's in with REA's- we work for the buyer and it's a completely different service. I take pride in what I do and achieve for my clients, as I know many other occupations do.

The thing I hate about posts like this is that it ends up being yet another job bashing thread that achieves very little. Labelling psychologists, accountants, agents, public servants, plumbers etc as scam or BS artists is both offensive and futile. We can all have a good whinge about anyone at anytime but is there a need to tag everyone with the same brush?

Sometimes on this forum, I think it's preferable that people keep their narrow minded opinions to themselves. Let's talk property investment instead- that's what we're here for, after all...

have not finished the first Q's first,
*** ,,,,, CEO's taking share holders money after sacking heaps of staff, and having the falling share price,
CEO's going against the share holders votes, :mad:

Back