A question about retaining walls and site costs

I'm looking at another block to build on that again has a slope. Although this time the slope is minor. Its an 18x43m rectangular block which slopes upward from the road. The slope is only 2 to 3 degrees, so the back is about 2m higher than the front. I expect to need a 0.5m wall at the front of the house and a 1-1.5m wall cut in at the rear. Of course the sand in between will need levelling.

Does anyone have a rough idea of how much this would add to the typical Perth metro site costs?

South a bit but $8415.00 for 36m long limestone block retaining wall. 3 blocks high for total 1.1m, but only 0.8m approx retaining final height.

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 400
Interesting. I expect mine would be two walls 0.8m high 13m and 18m. Plus a little bracing/return at the ends of each wall. So it should be around the same cost.

I wouldn't even try to guess a $$ value for this without more info, but I want to make sure you are accounting for cost of earthworks as well. Soil removal/disposal, and clean, level fill can cost monstrous amounts.
I've seen earthworks costs for a site not much bigger than this, with less slope to level out, being quoted at $100k.
I'm not assuming your site will cost that much, but it's something you will want to research before you make an unconditional offer.

It may be worthwhile trying to get you hands on a survey drawing and a soil report and running it by some consulting engineers like Structerre or Prompt Certifications.

Back