Aaron Sice saves the day

cheers Rockstar. I think your estimation will be pretty accurate. it's ok tho, still a really quick build. just regret missing some of the peak letting season. I think i mentioned earlier that the old place next door I use to let out at $5k a week so you can make a lot of your annual holding costs from Jan rent.

I know how you feel. Sometimes we can get consumed and even obsessed by efficiency. That's when it's time to reflect on the big picture and gratefully acknowledge how well things are going. Most building contracts allow the contractor 22 weeks so 16 weeks to completion will be a great achievement for you.

Building houses can also be a way to build our character. Just ask Michael W. ;) :)

cheers Rockstar. I think your estimation will be pretty accurate. it's ok tho, still a really quick build. just regret missing some of the peak letting season. I think i mentioned earlier that the old place next door I use to let out at $5k a week so you can make a lot of your annual holding costs from Jan rent.

$5K:eek: amazing. How many weeks pa could you rent at this price?

Be also nice for your family to enjoy when vacant.

Cheers, MTR

oh I've had nightmare builds don't worry - from massive development loans near on fully drawn and the builder nowhere to be seen for weeks leading into months with walls and plumbing out of position, to builders taking so long to start that the buy back option on the land matures. think my first house took near on 2 years to finish during the boom.

$5K:eek: amazing. How many weeks pa could you rent at this price?

Be also nice for your family to enjoy when vacant.

Cheers, MTR

you really only get 3 - 5 but if you can pick up $20-30k over Jan/feb then you get Easter and a few randoms here and there and it generally outperforms long term letting. Have heard some lettings getting up to $70k so if the capital value of the property is low enough it's not bad - good for a one off as you can use it when vacant as you mention bu tI dont think you would want to scale up and have too many as they take a bit of thought and time

here's a few updates. its beena big weekend of moving and setting up furniture and I am really stuffed... it's really draining moving for some reason...must be like doing weights for a day??!!

i will get some more shots when things are a bit sorted, i was falling over cardboard boxes and wrapping. everything going great, tho I oiled the deck and after not raining for 3 months it decided to rain this morning... I think it was ry enough.

Attachments

• ul 1.jpg
    ul 1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 118
  • ul3.jpg
    ul3.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 113
  • ul2.jpg
    ul2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 108
here's a few updates. its beena big weekend of moving and setting up furniture and I am really stuffed... it's really draining moving for some reason...must be like doing weights for a day??!!

i will get some more shots when things are a bit sorted, i was falling over cardboard boxes and wrapping. everything going great, tho I oiled the deck and after not raining for 3 months it decided to rain this morning... I think it was ry enough.

Hi John
this looks great, I really like this location, very peaceful.

Do you get any views??

no the vegetation on the sand dune is too thick. it provides a good screen from wind as well. even from a second storey there would be no view, hence waste of money going up.

Back