Abbott summarises Labor's failures

Typical Tony, no detail, just a lot of meaningless slogans.

Coalition government would end the waste, pay back the debt, stop the big new taxes and stop the boats.

Tell me HOW you will do it Tony, and then I will listen. Until then, it's meaningless BS.

He'll do it the way they did it when in Govt....no BS Dan...!!!

I don't trust him to do a good job.

Just caus ehe may appear better than a uselss idiot is not good enough in my opinion.

I find myself agreeing with Frnk Constanza and deciding to take a conscious disinterest in politics

Typical Tony, no detail, just a lot of meaningless slogans.

Tell me HOW you will do it Tony, and then I will listen. Until then, it's meaningless BS.

I would contend the drive will come from the excellent lessons and experience gleaned from nearly 12 years in Govt....applying most of the policies that the Liberals proved that they actually worked under Howard, minus the obvious exception of WorkChoices, which has been scuttled.

You speak dan c as if the Liberals are new to this game. They are the old hands, the ones in Parliament with all of the good experience at managing the economy.

The Labor hacks are the ones with no experience as has been amply demonstrated since Dec 2007. The public obviously got sick of the steady statemanship of Howard, and instead went for the razzamatazz whipped up by GetUp and their crew of Kevin 07 and look where it got them. Disaster after disaster.

The vast majority of the Australian population are woefully unimpressed.....as evidenced by the WA state election victory for the Liberals in 2008, the Vic state election victory for the Liberals in 2010, and the thumping NSW state election victory.

Just wait for the Qld state election coming up soon. Anna Bligh seems to me to be a very competent individual and I admire her, but her Labor stigma will see her booted out of office.

SA and especially Tasmania are lost causes. They receive so much welfare, they'll never be Liberal.

Look, the majority of the population has had a flirt with Labor and more recently the Greens and realised that whilst sounding all "progressive" and "hip".....they are absolutely disasterous for the nation. People will look back on Bob Brown and Christine Milne as wrecking balls for the good institutions of this nation.

I predict a big backlash against the Greens at the next Fed. election.

I would contend the drive will come from the excellent lessons and experience gleaned from nearly 12 years in Govt....applying most of the policies that the Liberals proved that they actually worked under Howard, minus the obvious exception of WorkChoices, which has been scuttled..

Fine, then why doesn't Abbott say that?

You speak dan c as if the Liberals are new to this game.

Not at all. My point was solely that anyone can say this is a bad government; that doesn't take a great deal of thought. Anyone can say we'll stop this or we'll do that, but I personally would like to see Abbott say how he would stop this or do that.

He doesn't need to say it Dan......he's already done it, the runs are on the board as Dazz points out.

That's just it, he ain't makin any promises he can't keep and is allowing Gillard & co to ruin it for themselves as they are doing a fine job of that to date...in fact you couldn't do a better wrecking job than they have done and masses of traditional Labour voters are in revolt yet again...!!

It may be arrogant of Abbott to not say much, but not nearly as arrogant as Gillard and friends staring you in the face lying and going about Carbon Tax without your consent...!!!

He doesn't need to say it Dan......he's already done it, the runs are on the board as Dazz points out.

That's just it, he ain't makin any promises he can't keep and is allowing Gillard & co to ruin it for themselves as they are doing a fine job of that to date

I agree he can go to an election without policy, and - because of the performance of the current govt - he will most likely win in a landslide.

Howard did the same thing in 1996, and its a strategy that has been widely copied since. And I don't have an issue with that. It's politically smart.

My issue is that if he is going to announce what he would do differently, then don't treat the public like idiots. Give us some detail. Don't tell me you will stop govt waste. Tell me HOW you will stop govt waste.

Is that too much to ask? Maybe it is...

I predict a big backlash against the Greens at the next Fed. election.

They're still polling at around 12% though...surprisingly.

But no preferences this time will see them lose their seat in Melbourne...albeit to the ALP.

Just wait for the Qld state election coming up soon. Anna Bligh seems to me to be a very competent individual and I admire her, but her Labor stigma will see her booted out of office.

i'm not so sure on this one - she was at the coalface for all her state's disasters and i think did a remarkable job with co-ordination of disaster relief.

that woman is an asset to the QLD people and i think the next polls will reflect that - regardless of her political sway.

my 0.02

That's just it, he ain't makin any promises he can't keep and is allowing Gillard & co to ruin it for themselves as they are doing a fine job of that to date...in fact you couldn't do a better wrecking job than they have done and masses of traditional Labour voters are in revolt yet again...!!

It may be arrogant of Abbott to not say much, but not nearly as arrogant as Gillard and friends staring you in the face lying and going about Carbon Tax without your consent...!!!

So we have a useless enbcumbent government

And a smart alec arrogant whadyamacallit contender who may or may not be better (himself, not the past history of t he liberal party), but reckon's he's beyond having to tell the elctorate so or how cause we should all just beleive he is good cause he implies mit.

Forgive me if that hasn't swayed me to become an Abbott cheerleader

So we have a useless enbcumbent government

And a smart alec arrogant whadyamacallit contender who may or may not be better (himself, not the past history of t he liberal party), but reckon's he's beyond having to tell the elctorate so or how cause we should all just beleive he is good cause he implies mit.

Forgive me if that hasn't swayed me to become an Abbott cheerleader

I am not convinced by Abbott's abilities either. I will eat my hat if he is worse then who we currently have running this country.

He might be the best out of a bad bunch at this point in time.

Is there an election declared....?

I'm, assuming that's not a serious question. With the state of parliament, we are in a pseudo election campaign all the time. That's why the pollies are constantly in high visibility vests and hard hats.

If you think it will change copme election time, here's an ad showing Abbott's campaigning style, from last election.

You'll excuse me if I wasn't inspired to rush out to the ballot box.

It's a good education for kids, though. Count the three word slogans...

I'm, assuming that's not a serious question. With the state of parliament, we are in a pseudo election campaign all the time. That's why the pollies are constantly in high visibility vests and hard hats.

If you think it will change copme election time, here's an ad showing Abbott's campaigning style, from last election.

You'll excuse me if I wasn't inspired to rush out to the ballot box.

It's a good education for kids, though. Count the three word slogans...

Encouraging kids to learn to count to 3 is good !

Maybe one day more of them will buy more than only 1 or 2 Ip's !

Sorry, he need not say anything at the moment, labour is saying (& doing it) all for him and the Libs.

You lot are just desperate for Abbott to put his foot in mouth and maybe take some heat off Gillard & Co...they are a joke...a very bad joke at that.

Unless there is an election called there is no need to place policy on the table. No party has ever placed policy on the table in all it's detail 2 yrs before an election has been called why should he now...?
You are desperate....;)

Sorry, he need not say anything at the moment, labour is saying (& doing it) all for him and the Libs.

You lot are just desperate for Abbott to put his foot in mouth and maybe take some heat off Gillard & Co...they are a joke...a very bad joke at that.

Unless there is an election called there is no need to place policy on the table. No party has ever placed policy on the table in all it's detail 2 yrs before an election has been called why should he now...?
You are desperate....;)

Who me ?

I just tired to say I'd like to hear him show someting of substance before I believe he has anythign to make me think of him as a worthy alternative.

I can clearly see what Gillard is like, but I'm not convinced by Tony's posturing so far that he woudl be any better.

Back