Abbott summarises Labor's failures

I just tired to say I'd like to hear him show someting of substance before I believe he has anythign to make me think of him as a worthy alternative.

I agree on this point, seeing some policy from the Liberals would be a good thing. Realistically though the libs don't need to tip their hand at this point. Introducing policy would simply allow labour the opportunity to pull it to pieces and gain some political capital. It doesn't make sense to give labour this opportunity at this point.

The Liberal strategy is simple. Let labour dig their grave, win by a landslide which will allow them to govern effectively.

When did the previous NSW Lib Opposition release their policies? Not 2 years out from the election, even though the then State government was already unravelling.

Sorry, he need not say anything at the moment, labour is saying (& doing it) all for him and the Libs.

You lot are just desperate for Abbott to put his foot in mouth and maybe take some heat off Gillard & Co...they are a joke...a very bad joke at that.

Unless there is an election called there is no need to place policy on the table. No party has ever placed policy on the table in all it's detail 2 yrs before an election has been called why should he now...?
You are desperate....;)

You've totally missed the point. Three times. I agree, he doesn't need to do anything.

So why is he then doing stupid photo opportunities, and announcing half-policies?

The guy is in a high visibility jacket more often than a suit jacket.

I get so sick of pointing these things out but really , so what you want your health system destroyed again , you want your education system destroyed again , you want the new broadband system ripped up and replaced by 1000's of new phone towers and some second rate well not even , patch up job instead , the possibility of nuclear power plants everywhere , the myth of skill shortages returned and Australia returning to the most expensive country in the world , well that's where Howard took it just to name a few and Abbots just a baby Howard minus intelligence and , we are now the lucky payers of + at least 10% extra , on everything , for ever . Don't tell me that balanced out because there's no way known it did , everything went up outrageously and they're still riding it all the way to the bank , at our expense. Not to mention the many hidden extras and anyone charging anything for anything allowed to just run ramped also brought in by Howard and also contributing hugely to our ridiculous costs of living and zero competition . By rights they should have had a 100b surplus each yr with all the cuts plus gst plus the hiddens .
Not even the tip of the iceberg . I just can't for tyhe life of me understand how the so called intelligent side of Australia can't see such simple and blatantly obvious things from Howard times and Abbot , Turnbull would be a different kettle of fish all together but Abbot - would you really not care returning to that ? , I don't get it baby.

Gillards making a mess beyond belief and is definitely not the answer I know , I don't know what is , we need more choices , but these things mentioned are at least amongst it all, slowly being reversed after 11 yrs of Howard .

Last edited:
I get so sick of pointing these things out but really , so what you want your health system destroyed again , you want your education system destroyed again , you want the new broadband system ripped up and replaced by 1000's of new phone towers and some second rate well not even , patch up job instead , the possibility of nuclear power plants everywhere , the myth of skill shortages returned and Australia returning to the most expensive country in the world , well that's where Howard took it just to name a few and Abbots just a baby Howard minus intelligence and , we are now the lucky payers of + at least 10% extra , on everything , for ever . Don't tell me that balanced out because there's no way known it did , everything went up outrageously and they're still riding it all the way to the bank , at our expense. Not to mention the many hidden extras and anyone charging anything for anything allowed to just run ramped also brought in by Howard and also contributing hugely to our ridiculous costs of living and zero competition . By rights they should have had a 100b surplus each yr with all the cuts plus gst plus the hiddens .
Not even the tip of the iceberg . I just can't for tyhe life of me understand how the so called intelligent side of Australia can't see such simple and blatantly obvious things from Howard times and Abbot , Turnbull would be a different kettle of fish all together but Abbot - would you really not care returning to that ? , I don't get it baby.

Gillards making a mess beyond belief and is definitely not the answer I know , I don't know what is , we need more choices , but these things mentioned are at least amongst it all, slowly being reversed after 11 yrs of Howard .

Seriously.......

What the hell did all that mean ?

Typical Tony, no detail, just a lot of meaningless slogans.

Coalition government would end the waste, pay back the debt, stop the big new taxes and stop the boats.

Tell me HOW you will do it Tony, and then I will listen. Until then, it's meaningless BS.

How about:

1. By actually implementing policies, that have not been knee jerk reactions, that have been actually planned and with a Government that has actually had experience in implementation and following through.

2. Nauru. Nauru. Nauru. Nauru and Nauru.:rolleyes:

3. Hmmm Big new taxes...does the Co2 tax ring any bells with you?

4. The thing about debt is this: You need to stop spending and wasting what you haven't got. Tell that to this current Government. (I should think the cut in wages to Julia Gillards entourage ought to do it.)

Regards JO

It means he's just not damned happy with any of them!

What's the alternative...

he ha the the laughing man with the cowboy hat. Bob Katter?

Regards JO

Thanks Josko , exactly, & what do we do !

But Jaycee , wtf ! You seem to have a nack of totally confusing things people say . Just don't bother with mine ok - simple , everybody happy.

Thanks Josko , exactly, & what do we do !

But Jaycee , wtf ! You seem to have a nack of totally confusing things people say . Just don't bother with mine ok - simple , everybody happy.

How did I confuse anything you said ? I didn't quite understand the point you were making but I don't think I misinterpreted it or put words in your mouth

`
The big question is:

Do we blame the Leader for the policies of the party?

In otherwords,

Do we shoot the messenger?

Regards JO

How did I confuse anything you said ? I didn't quite understand the point you were making but I don't think I misinterpreted it or put words in your mouth

Well the main point was , could we really give the helm to Abbot , look at what he'll do and look at the man , he's an idiot but, on the other hand, is Julia any less the dangerous in other ways !

It's all too hard , can't we just start over . Turnbull , that's all I can come up with !

Well the main point was , could we really give the helm to Abbot , look at what he'll do and look at the man , he's an idiot but, on the other hand, is Julia any less the dangerous in other ways !

It's all too hard , can't we just start over . Turnbull , that's all I can come up with !

Hi random,

My point above is this:

Is it Julia and Tony?

Or is it The Labor Party/factions Versus The Liberal Party?

Is Gillard responsible for relying on her Ministers who have completely stuffed up at every turn? She should be able to delegate, as Rudd did with her in The BER...and rely on that Minister to perform his duty.

At every turn, she has been let down. While she is a poor leader, she is dealing with factions and power brokers.

This has happened because The Labor Party keeps changing the jockey...but not the horse.

Where we might not like Abbott, he has a party FULL of experienced leaders in implementation and Government Policy. Tony is "middle road." I think this suits the opposition at the moment.

I bet Howard still puts his two bob in too.

Look at the party and how it functions. That is how I make my decision.

Regards JO

The big question is:

Do we blame the Leader for the policies of the party?

This is a very salient point.

Australian politics has gone very US style.....presidential campaigning, where people judge the Leader's of the parties rather than the policies they represent.

I'd prefer to talk about policies.....because having met many of them, especially at a state level, most of them are quite upstanding citizens. Looking at the criteria for applying for selection on a ticket, you cannot be a ratbag.

Julia is a very personable, intelligent woman who has good qualifications....she's no slouch personally. Same with Tony and most of his front bench.

It's all these ex-union officials that get my goat.....but once again, it should be the policies they espouse, not the person.

However, I understand, the majority of people when they are standing at the ballot box quietly deciding where to tick, they concentrate on the party first....not the individual....and the party decision made by the voter seems to be driven by the Leader's performance in the print and electronic media, as that is the only contact they actually have with the Leaders.....hence why these pathetic little 6 second sound grabs served up for the news are so popular....but IMO are nigh on useless for any intelligent voter.

Back