Accountants around Canterbury/Bankstown

Hi,

Finally getting the ball rolling with pre-approval for an investment property and now am looking for suggestions for a good accountant to talk to.

My partner and I are starting small, with an aim of reducing the length of our current home loan, so am not looking for someone who can help me leave my job and go into fulltime investing - just someone who can advise us on tax concessions, depreciation schedules, etc.

Anyone got any recommendations? We live in Belmore but both work in the city CBD so either locations would work.

Thanks in advance.

Accountant

The days of finding an adviser who is nearby so you can talk face to face are long gone. I would think I have never seen 2/3rd of my clients. I have clients across the country and overseas and keep contact by phone, email and with down/up loading docs etc. My philosophy is "you contact me when you need me...I will reply. Promptly."...Feedback I get from most new clients is they leave their old accountant cause calls and questions dont get answered in time. Thats not good. Others dont like paying city prices.

My clients value my knowledge rather than my location. The tax side of rentals seems so simple but its the strategic stuff most get wrong. I would argue your proposed adviser should be able to identify and discuss structures incl using super (even if a SMSF is not a plan now), loans etc. You should also be considering why personal ownership isnt always a clever thing. I generally dont recommend personal IP ownership !! This needs to consider a range of issues. One simple example - What might you do if you acquire 50/50 and your wife drops out of the workforce to raise kids ? There are strategies now, but they wont be available later. It all comes down to planning.

Salary packaging is also relevant if you are seeking tax savings to fund a future retirement income you may have overlooked some other issues + personal insurances can be an increased need for investors.

I offer a "new client" free consultation. Helps us both the determine if we can help you and what we can offer. Call me and we can discuss your needs. Gratis.

Back