ACDC tickets!

Ok so hands up all the aging rockers on here that managed to get tickets yesterday?

My hand is up for Sydney and I'm also excited about Wolfmother - I saw them at a side stage at the Big Day out and declared that they would go far! Next they were at a small local venue and then main stage at Big Day out. Looking forward to checking out the new line-up and material.

Bought 2 for sisters birthday in Sydney. Been down the front in Budapest, Zurich and Munich concerts already, and another in Barcelona in 2 weeks. It's a great concert. pics I took from Zurich & Munich:
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/album.php?albumid=25

picture.php

Wow good stuff Joe!

We are going on the Monday night, pretty happy too as I managed to book us into the Novotel for $220 as I found one website that hadn't changed their prices when the extra dates were announced. Otherwise prices were jacked up to $422 - $477 for concert nights!

Which night are you going kissfan?

Which night are you going kissfan?
Got tix for the first show (Thurs), but can probably attend the other shows with friends that bought extra tickets.

One mate wants to swap my Thurs tickets for his Mon tickets.

Will decide closer to the date.

Thought there would have been more responses to this thread. To not attend an AC/DC concert is just un-Australian ;)

Regards
Marty

I picked up two tickets for the Sat show in Perth, really looking forward to it. I was miserable on Monday because of Newcastle United being relegated but then getting tickets totally made my day / week so far :)

Chomp

.......Thought there would have been more responses to this thread. To not attend an AC/DC concert is just un-Australian ;)

I guess it's just the frugal mindset that is so often displayed here, it is with me anyhow. From where I stand:

$250 for 2 probably restricted view tickets
$400 for hotel
$150 fuel
$100 for meals etc

$900 to listen to a band for an hour or so hmmm.... I'm such a scrooge these days I'd be distracted calculating how much each song was costing me and be unable to enjoy it anyway. :eek:

Pass, I'll pop down to the local and hear some home grown up and comings (yes I know AC/DC once lived here in Aus but that was 30+ years ago) and spend less than $100 on food, drink and fuel, but I hope you all have a great time anyway. :)

Cheers,
Beef

Edit: Great photo Joe!

Thanks for the photos, unfortunatly I will not be going, will wait with baited breath to hear how wonderful they were when you lucky people attend thier concerts.

I guess it's just the frugal mindset that is so often displayed here, it is with me anyhow. From where I stand:

$250 for 2 probably restricted view tickets
$400 for hotel
$150 fuel
$100 for meals etc

$900 to listen to a band for an hour or so hmmm.... I'm such a scrooge these days I'd be distracted calculating how much each song was costing me and be unable to enjoy it anyway. :eek:

Pass, I'll pop down to the local and hear some home grown up and comings (yes I know AC/DC once lived here in Aus but that was 30+ years ago) and spend less than $100 on food, drink and fuel, but I hope you all have a great time anyway. :)

Cheers,
Beef

Edit: Great photo Joe!

After living the way we have for the last 18 months and having no life whatsoever now that things are looking up we deserve a treat!

Anyway we are looking at just over $500 for tickets and accommodation, car is diesel and goes forever on an oily rag - as for food you must be joking that would be a waste of grog money! LOL

If anyone is still after accommodation it is still 'cheap' on the site I looked at for the Ibis and Pullman but Novotel may have changed to 'on request' instead of 'instant confirmation' prices from $180. Anyone wanting site details pm me as if I post it the cheap rates may vanish!

Someone need to tell kissfan that they aint Australian :eek:
Granted, most members were born overseas (drummer Phil Rudd is Australian born), but AC/DC will generally be considered an Australian band for all intents and purposes (as in they originally formed here).

Regards
Marty

Someone need to tell kissfan that they aint Australian :eek:
Actually surprising how many people o/s think they're American & have no idea they're from Australia (excepting 2 members of the band). also a few scottish kilts around at the European shows, even if they left there when they were small kids. loads of lederhosen substituted for the school pants in Munich, funny.

Regardless it should be a ripper of a show.
After ticketek crashed nonstop I got lucky online and then they added the Saturday show which made life even better.
So me and 6 of my favourite clients are gonna do some rockin in Feb!

My husbands friend shouted my husband a ticket for his 40th. It's on the night before our 13th wedding anniversary. Might have to plan a girls night out.

One week to go! So excited. Im going on the Monday night! Got tickets right up front. Im pumped!
Likewise. Sitting at side but up close. Saw Ace Frehley (ex KISS) last week, which was awesome, Rob Thomas on Wednesday (not my thing but oh well), then AC/DC next Monday. OH YEAH.

Regards
Marty

i have friends who live around 6km from the venue, and they could hear it fairly clearly from their house... so take your earplugs!
Pen

Back