Add an ensuite

Hi all, first post! I'm looking for advice and suggestions of how to best add an ensuite to our home.
Can't extend out the front/ side due to council restrictions. Is the master bed too small to fit it in there?
Convert the laundry to a bedroom with ensuite by extending out the back- more expensive but adds heaps of value with 4 bedrooms. Any suggestions?
I'll try to add floor plan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 166
an ensuite only needs to be 1m wide, sliding door in the middle, shr at one end, wc at other, thin vanity in the middle - all along the north wall.

you could fit it in there and still have a room 3.0 x 3.2 with the bir. make the portion of bir behind the ensuite the robe for the adjacent bedroom.

that would be the cheapest option.

yeh lol bath.

ldry also seems like a waste of space as a separate room - can't you make it so you can walk through the laundry to the outside? you could use the extra space more effectively by swinging the toilet and bath around to the right, making room for a (larger) ensuite...

A quick sketch of how I would advise you to lay it out if you were a client of mine ;)

This will depend on plumbing access etc but you can make anything happen (they put a man on the moon apparently!) - it's just a matter of cost.

I would definitely work out total cost of adding this ensuite vs probable valuation of home after complete - just to make sure you're not over-capitalising.

I would think total cost would be around $12,000 - $14,000 all up incl wall reconfigurations. However, it may be more (or less if you can DIY some of the reno). Remember you may have knock-on costs such as flooring/electrical work in bedrooms/hallway etc.
2014-10-14_0858.png

Back