Adelaide building/reno supplies?

Hi everyone, especially those that know Adelaide!

I need to know of where's good to go in Adelaide to buy things such as:

Light fittings/chandeliers/etc

Tiles & a compact hand basin

Paint

Electric Oven

Blinds - wooden & alluminium

+ Large mirrors, cut to size

I found the Bunnings in Oaklands Park/Warradale, which isn't far from the house that i'm gonna fix up in Marino, but i don't know much else :confused: I'd appreciate any info anyone can give me :D

Last edited:
Check out some salvage places. There is a big one on Hanson road, but might be far for you.

Ikea's As-Is section has some good bargains sometimes.

Look for houses that are being demolished in your neighborhood (depending on how much time you have).

Happy renovating:). Keep us posted.

cheers

Salvage yards are good! So which hanson rd is it on?
There's one in elizabeth downs, and one in mansfield.

And i'm guessing this ikea is the one you're talking about?

Thanks for the help :D

Light fittings/chandeliers/etc
A bunch of light places are on Anzac Hwy, Keswick

Tiles & a compact hand basin
Tiles - Tile Wizards, South Road Richmond
Basin - Bunnings.

Paint
Bunnings Oaklands Pk or Railway Tce, Mile End

Electric Oven
Harvey Norman bulk store, South Rd Mile End

Blinds - wooden & alluminium
Spotlight South Rd Edwardstown. Join VIP club (free) for discounts.

+ Large mirrors, cut to size
There is a Glass place on Brighton Rd near Marino - Can't think of it's name

Ikea is at entrance to airport. Lots of goodies their.

There is a Homemaker centre behind Bunning's Mile End FYI.

Most of above is within 5 mins drive of each other.

Happy hunting.

Project 1080

picture.php

Thanks alot guys, that's helped me out heaps :D

I've got another one to add to the list :D

Anyone know of some floorboard polishers that service Marino, or even where to hire a floorboard polisher?

List from current reno:
Light fitting - Stratco $4.95 ea
Small vanity - Bunning $220
Mixer tap for vanity - Bunning $65
Kitchen sink taps - Bunnings $89
Paint - Wattyl ( ask for cash discount )
Blinds - BigW
Paint 6l ceiling white - BigW $10 (it was on sale)
Door handles - Cheap as Chips $4.95ea

Places we keep an eye on and just buy cheap stuff when it appears.
Local salvage yard - DeYoungs (Seaford Rd, Old Noarlunga)
Big W
Stratco
Bunnings
IKEA
Cheap as Chips
Read your junk mail

Buy in bulk.

Hardly Normal have a scratch and dent outlet on South Rd Mile End. Good place to look for the oven. They had some plumbing stuff last time I was there, too eg. discounted vanity units etc.

Hi Vicenzo,

I have found Bunnings and IKEA to be pretty good with most things. If you can't find something there try Stepney Salvage or Architectural Hardware (both on Port Rd). Another great one for good quality and good priced handles is Elraco Distributors http://elraco.com.au/index.php?cPath=23&osCsid=48b250f0cc10ee593dd7a38c901a0e73.

Lights - Some good fittings in IKEA and Bunnings
Tiles and basin - Beaumont Tiles discount store (just off Grote St in the city) and IKEA for the basin
Paint - Antique White USA from Bunnings is a great colour
Oven - Got a good deal at Keith Bowden but I've heard Harvey Norman have a seconds store
Blinds - Freedom have a good range at good prices otherwise IKEA for blinds
Mirrors - not sure yet (I'm told IKEA have some good mirrors but not sure if they cut to measure)

Happy renovating! :D
Tarah

Mirrors - not sure yet (I'm told IKEA have some good mirrors but not sure if they cut to measure)
IKEA mirrors are fantastic BUT you have to find something in their standard range that fits your room.

We were looking for a large vanity mirror which would have cost a few hundred dollars but settled for an IKEA mirror that was 6 little mirrors that fit together into a large mirror only cost about $50 but took about 2 hours to install.

We did find a smaller vanity mirror at IKEA that worked in the on suite, about $30 for 800 x 600 (400 x 600) not sure on size but it was about 30mm too wide so it hung out over the tiles but that doesn't matter too much still looks good and a few bits (whole roll) of double sided tape to hold it to the wal lis a very quick fit.

The IKEA mirrors are only about 1/3 the thickness of the vanity mirrors from the local glaziers or bathroom shops but its a mirror who cares.

The current reno we bought one of the 6 panel mirrors and will put 4 panels into the bathroom and 1 panel in the ensuite so the whole house is done for $50 - fantastic.

Cheers
Graeme

Is there a website for the Harvey Norman Scratch and Dent in Adelaide?

How much cheaper is it than normal HN stores?

Also - are there any other similar discount warehouses/factory seconds in Adelaide?

Any help appreciated.

Looking for dishwashers, ovens, air con, kitchen, bathroom etc...

Looking for a handyman / painter in Elizabeth Downs, any recommendations please? The one suggested by our pm quoted $2500 for a 3 bedroom semi, thought for that price, hubby and I could fly down and do ourselves. Would welcome any suggestions.

Many thanks
Amelia

Back