aggh ...ANZ won't send us our title !!!!

Over eight weeks ago, we paid out a loan to the ANZ. Clean cut deal. We paid out the LOC in full ( about $800K) and we naturally asked for our security to be released. Simple enough we thought. We paid the $300 ANZ fee. We got our reference number. ANZ told us it would take four to six weeks. It's now eight weeks and several faxes and several phone calls. We still don't have our title !! We're still getting told to submit the paperwork which we have done twice already !!! Anybody else had this problem ?? LL

lol. Sadly a very common problem with ANZ. Have a client how going through the 'Fast Refi' process, and apparently there is no authority (from ANZ) to discharge the mortgage despite their own bank manager doing it already for the client. It's been 3 weeks now and counting...unbelievable. One of the reasons why I am very happy to refinance people from ANZ including my own. They have already lost $3m from my personal stuff, and much more from clients. They better change their act soon otherwise it will keep getting worse.

Go straight to the complaints section and tell them you need to title to settle on a new purchase and this delay could cost you thousands!

lol. Sadly a very common problem with ANZ. Have a client how going through the 'Fast Refi' process, and apparently there is no authority (from ANZ) to discharge the mortgage despite their own bank manager doing it already for the client. It's been 3 weeks now and counting...unbelievable. One of the reasons why I am very happy to refinance people from ANZ including my own. They have already lost $3m from my personal stuff, and much more from clients. They better change their act soon otherwise it will keep getting worse.
We are the same Aaron_c, ... We have moved a few IP's away from ANZ. Incompetent service and difficult to deal with. Their online banking must be one of the worst to use ....

Mystery

Up to the local branch

This arvo, wife & me, presented ourselves and paperwork etc to the local ANZ branch. End result is we filled in the forms again. Yes, we had a reference number from the first submission. Yes, the loan had been paid out. Yes, we had a letter from ANZ confirming that there was nothing owing. Yes, nothing has happened for 8 weeks. Yes, ANZ get all your contact details on the form, but don't contact you ! Give me strength.... The bank person checked and stamped and faxed the form while we "occupied" their office. Stay tuned. LL

This arvo, wife & me, presented ourselves and paperwork etc to the local ANZ branch. End result is we filled in the forms again. Yes, we had a reference number from the first submission. Yes, the loan had been paid out. Yes, we had a letter from ANZ confirming that there was nothing owing. Yes, nothing has happened for 8 weeks. Yes, ANZ get all your contact details on the form, but don't contact you ! Give me strength.... The bank person checked and stamped and faxed the form while we "occupied" their office. Stay tuned. LL

simply they can't find your title in the wharehouse, typical stalling tactic until they find it or admit it is lost, if it is a victorian paper title, can take 6 months to replace

only 8 weeks........: ) maybe they havent lost yours

ta
rolf

Heheheh :p

I had a similar issue with them, landlubber. Be patient. Mine took just short of 4 months, because they knew they had too much security.......string us along as punishment.

When it finally arrived Christmas Eve 2009; they hadn't actually registered the discharge of mortgage. Leave it with us and we'll do it....yeah right; :rolleyes: with Christmas and New Year looming and risk of misplacing it or sending it to Bangalore.

I went into the city myself and paid the $98.00 and registered discharge in 10 minutes the day after Boxing Day.

The B(w)aank of the year have also lost more biz from me this year when I asked to roll over a loan that just came off fixed into another fixed term and was advised "this will be a hassle; it's a credit critical application". Fantastic just the impetus I needed to take another title from them. Suncorp got my biz with a higher LVR to boot. Control accomplished. All my lenders now only have one title. ;)

Be patient brother..........

... It is a Victorian paper title ! LL

if u need it for something (apart from putting in a frame on the wall) u need to use the magical words "banking ombudsman", if it is lost u need it ordered today and with compensation, ring them monday and tell them if u don't have it by friday u r calling the big bad BO!

Yes, we've noticed that before. The threat of the banking ombudsman is about the only thing that wakes 'em up. LL
PS My theory on this is the ombudsman is industry funded, and costs are attributed according to complaints ...some how. But only my theory.

Yes, we've noticed that before. The threat of the banking ombudsman is about the only thing that wakes 'em up. LL
PS My theory on this is the ombudsman is industry funded, and costs are attributed according to complaints ...some how. But only my theory.

yep $300 everytime some one contacts them, plus annually they release the figures of who gets the most complaints and nobody wants to win that race!

...still no title from ANZ

We've just returned home from business travel and still no title from ANZ. Even though they have all our contact phones/faxes/emails there has been no contact from them. So we phoned "the number". We were told the matter will be "escalated". Apparently we "ticked" one too many boxes on "the form". That would be the form we filled in personally right under the eyes of the local ANZ manager !!!! .... but nobody contacted us to tell us. Oh .. and on the previous form it was "ticked" correctly. What a saga !! I'm now convinced that ANZ are deliberately stalling on the return of our title. LL

We've just returned home from business travel and still no title from ANZ. Even though they have all our contact phones/faxes/emails there has been no contact from them. So we phoned "the number". We were told the matter will be "escalated". Apparently we "ticked" one too many boxes on "the form". That would be the form we filled in personally right under the eyes of the local ANZ manager !!!! .... but nobody contacted us to tell us. Oh .. and on the previous form it was "ticked" correctly. What a saga !! I'm now convinced that ANZ are deliberately stalling on the return of our title. LL

Deliberate implies intent and capacity

We find its usually just a poorly resourced area

Ta

Rolf

Deliberate implies intent and capacity

We find its usually just a poorly resourced area

Ta

Rolf

Rolf... I believe it's deliberate. It started out with simply trying to get an accurate payout figure on the loan (about $800K)...now months ago. My dedicated wife spent hours on many phone calls. ANZ could not seem to handle the fact that it was not a refinance to another bank. It was a straight "pay out". In the whole exercise ANZ have never (that's NEVER) contacted us. Even though the discharge form asks for all our contact details mobiles etc ! Only when we contact them do they give the impression of a flurry of activity ...but still, nothing happens. We still don't have our title ............ :mad:LL

Back