aggh ...ANZ won't send us our title !!!!

Now we're to phone daily ...

As per ANZ's instructions we're now to "phone daily". That's right folks...we have to phone them. So today we did so. Phoned the number 1800 603 361 and gave all the ANZ ref. numbers etc ....and got the same same BS promises. "It will be handled promptly etc"....but no commmitment of any deadline !! So today, we sent our first email to the Financial Ombudsman Service "[email protected]" ...better make a note of it if you have any titles with ANZ. We paid out this loan completely on 28th June 2012....Is this Australia or Zimbabwe :confused:????? LL

As per ANZ's instructions we're now to "phone daily". That's right folks...we have to phone them. So today we did so. Phoned the number 1800 603 361 and gave all the ANZ ref. numbers etc ....and got the same same BS promises. "It will be handled promptly etc"....but no commmitment of any deadline !! So today, we sent our first email to the Financial Ombudsman Service "[email protected]" ...better make a note of it if you have any titles with ANZ. We paid out this loan completely on 28th June 2012....Is this Australia or Zimbabwe :confused:????? LL

You should just contact the ANZ complaints section as well as they get things done.

its Australia and New Zealand banking Group

and its a daily thing............ not terribly unusual : (

But ANZ arent alone on this

ta
rolf

In our investing we have banked with Commercial Bank ( shows our age), then ANZ, then Citibank and ANZ, then CBA, then Suncorp, then ANZ and CBA again. Our portfolio is about 33 titles at present. I've NEVER encountered anything like this with any other lender. If it was complex security / finance issue then OK, but this is such a simple matter. LL
...at one stage CBA did lose about 15 titles in one go, but they 'fessed up and replaced them all at their expense.

ANZ complaints actually phones us .... WOW !!

Kudos to Terry W. His advice to contact ANZ complaints was good. A real lady actually phoned me !! She can't tell me why this return of title has not "happened" since June. Her "file records" started on 12 October ...whatever that means. Yes, she acknowledges the LOC was paid out in June 2012. The matter has been "escalated". She tells me the title is presently with the titles office...but couldn't tell me in which state. I offered to fly to any state and be the personal courier. I remind here this is a $1.4 mill property that I can't use......We wait..... LL

The Ombudsman ...KNOW THIS TIP ...

We got a limp-wristed reply to our initial enquiry from the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Here's an important "cut and paste" heads up...

" The Financial Ombudsman Service (“FOS”) is a dispute resolution service offered as a free alternative to the courts for consumers with a claim for loss arising from the acts or omissions of a financial services provider. "

The key words are " with a claim for loss". So if you go to the FOS have a good "claim for loss" ready. I reckon my delays in financing other projects because we don't have this title are costing me about $1.5k per week just in interest holding costs alone.... :mad:LL

Kudos to Terry W. His advice to contact ANZ complaints was good. A real lady actually phoned me !! She can't tell me why this return of title has not "happened" since June. Her "file records" started on 12 October ...whatever that means. Yes, she acknowledges the LOC was paid out in June 2012. The matter has been "escalated". She tells me the title is presently with the titles office...but couldn't tell me in which state. I offered to fly to any state and be the personal courier. I remind here this is a $1.4 mill property that I can't use......We wait..... LL

The complaints section is authorised to offer compensation too. So keep details records of your losses and put it to them that you want to be reimbursed for $XX

I have a client who discharged her CBA mortgage, got the title back, but the CBA still has a registered mortgage on the property!!!

It finally arrives ......

Good news. Our paper title arrived on Friday. ANZ complaints dept, I'm glad to say, was totally efficient and professional. Good communication. Kept us informed. Express post when they said they would. Once again....huge kudos to Terry W. for the tip. Love this forum. Thanks to everybody who commented and contributed. People power .... Respect :)!! LL

Good news. Our paper title arrived on Friday. ANZ complaints dept, I'm glad to say, was totally efficient and professional. Good communication. Kept us informed. Express post when they said they would. Once again....huge kudos to Terry W. for the tip. Love this forum. Thanks to everybody who commented and contributed. People power .... Respect :)!! LL

I've experienced similar problems which I was able to clear up by going to the 'complaints' department so know where to go now whenever a problem arises.

When Westpac/Bank of M physically lost my title the Complaints Dept was my best friend. Only they would return calls and give me actual customer service. And only the are authorised to provide compensation.

Kudos to the complaints dept for getting you your title.

Back