Alarm Bells!!!

Bejasus! Then count me in on the cull. I've been wanting to tag me one of them suckers since I heard they was on the rampage. Haleluya, and pass'm the ammo!

Much prefer to do a building inspection myself.

My sister had an inspection done on a unit she bought. The builder said it was made from airated concrete - it was actually textured fibro!!!! :eek:

Good trick if you can get away with it... :(

Get up into the attic for a look (byo ladder if you have to).

Get under the house if you can- look for wet spots leakng drains or signs of previous sewer overflow from the sump.

Sticking windows are no fun to repair.

Look under rugs for holes in floor (yep I was punk'd by that on my 1st home).

Fresh paint gets my attention.

Bring a marble to see if polished floors are level.

Check that water, stove toilet etc are working and taps (hot and cold) are not dripping.

Check that light fittings on front door are actually connected (yep fell for that too).

Chat to the neighbours.

Yes agree with all of these-: especially chatting to a neighbour. If you don't live close to your IP leave your mobile with a neighbour, you never know when some thing might happen with your tenant that the real estate doesn't know about. I've been burnt once before with that!

This is why I only ever carry one tool to inspect every part of a property and check the power system: A F^%$ O%% sized hammer drill! :)

I know a guy that swears on his 2,200W Ozito angle grinder which draws 20amps. It's very loud but does a good test of the circuit load and only $98 at Bunnings.. the same as a cheap seminar but you also get a useful tool for odd jobs around the house.
aaagg-051k.jpeg

I know a guy that swears on his 2,200W Ozito angle grinder which draws 20amps. It's very loud but does a good test of the circuit load and only $98 at Bunnings.. the same as a cheap seminar but you also get a useful tool for odd jobs around the house.
aaagg-051k.jpeg
Not sure how well received your friend would be at an OFI with this piece of (testing?) equipment in tow??!!! :eek:

Walk in with one of those puppies in yer pocket, and the female real estate agent might just want to close the home open early and assist you with a more thorough inspection of the master bedroom.

And her heart attack when you whipped that out and said,

"Right. Let's open up a little inspection cavity, shall we?" :eek:

Have you had many REAs faint on you Shuggy, when you pull out the big angle grinder, and proceed to switch it on?
Ever tripped, and sliced the kitchen door in half? :eek:

Cheers

I was a sparkie in another life

Maybe it's just my dry sense of humour as I don't think anyone else picked up on the above early comment from Evand which I can't let slip by.

Were you a failure as a sparky in the last life, too grounded :eek: :D

(I could go on but will refrain due to the actual seriousness of such matters)

please go on ;)

Maybe it's just my dry sense of humour as I don't think anyone else picked up on the above early comment from Evand which I can't let slip by.

Were you a failure as a sparky in the last life, too grounded :eek: :D

(I could go on but will refrain due to the actual seriousness of such matters)

Back