An insiders view of Perth

sorry there just aren't many building companies in Perth that do devvies AND large homes and not much in between.

if you come onto a public forum claiming to be a GM of a local building company - then make economic predictions - you would need to qualify yourself and say where you're from IMO. i'm not discrediting or condoning your POV by any stretch either.

after all, i'm Donald Trump's second cousin, but what would i know?

I was only stating my observations. I'm not claiming them as facts or truths or anything other than my observation which has been formed through a lot of analysis of my own business and those i do business with.

Although i'd prefer to remain anonymous i'll give you a few more clues;
1. I worked with Mark Hogan years ago
2. I've also worked with Reza Khan
3. Ian Holloway used to snarl at me in the hallway back in 1992 (Not sure if he has stopped snarling at people yet?)
4. I've been on Julian Walters boat
5. I had a recent discussion with my old colleague Peter Phur just last week
6. Alwyn Even bought me a beer at the Brisbane last year
7. Mark Stratfold asked me a few weeks ago if i could spare him a bricklayer
8. Last year i was photographed shaking hands with Troy Buswell.

I could go on... Perths small but not that small anymore. I'm also not after noteriety, i'm just happy to do my thing quietly out of the spotlight. If you do happen to guess from the above clues, send me a PM rather than posting it on here.

Cheers.

i know I know ........ santa claus? hehehe

I think the anonymity is fine as long as your not making wild predictions etc. Add your piece and enjoy the site.

I mean its not like I've admitted Uncle Malcolm T is my real uncle? :)

so you ARE ex J-Corp....! i knew it.

so Hoges is at Amano, Reza's at Oswald (from Plunkett where he dragged me), Ian's RBC....

Plunkett....Plunkett..... Didn't Tony move on? You're not Nick Nocciolino are you?

I was only stating my observations. I'm not claiming them as facts or truths or anything other than my observation which has been formed through a lot of analysis of my own business and those i do business with.

hey dude everyone's got a POV - i'm not vilifying you at all. i'm as vocal as they come and support people being vocal. :D

Are not we deviating from the topic?.....which was snort's observations about Perth.

Thanks for saying it Sanjayag. This thread has been severley hijacked. Who I am isn't important. I'd be interested in hearing from those others in the industry if they feel my observations are in line with their own or if i'm miles away from their perceived reality.

no prob dude. you mentioned developments, which perked my interest.

we're looking for another company to line ourselves up with after our current builder has let us down for the fourth time running. Need builders for the attached.

i was hoping to have a friendly "open up" session and get some dialogue happening...

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 118
Thanks for saying it Sanjayag. This thread has been severley hijacked. Who I am isn't important. I'd be interested in hearing from those others in the industry if they feel my observations are in line with their own or if i'm miles away from their perceived reality.

on the money AFAIC

This was a great update by Snort on his view of Perth at the time

How does it sit now from a builders/developers point of view some years later?

PS: To solve the mystery and so you can sleep easily, Snort posted elsewhere he was the GM of Platinum Homes

PS: To solve the mystery and so you can sleep easily, Snort posted elsewhere he was the GM of Platinum Homes

I'd say that things are pretty much the same now but the median has moved up. FHBs are still ruling the roost, high end soft and middle ground improving.

Not a lot of affordable land and it is selling fast when released.

He didn't mention the development market at the time but it's pretty darn hot at the moment - though it's deliverables less so.

What is the block choping/infill development arm of platinum homes? Only known them to cater to the mid to upper level project home market.

Back