Another business name brainstorm ...

I know - you guys are getting over it ... but ... need to nail down and register a business name for another line of "wine" products that are already selling under "Spotty Dog". The garlic products are sold under "Pokolbin Purple"

The products are varied but so far include - wine "cheese platter" pastes (Shiraz, Chardonnay, Fortified) - various wine pickled garlic - and potentially Shiraz from our vineyard itself.

Spotty Dog by itself is not available so I've narrowed it down to:

Spotty Dog Estate
Spotty Dog Vineyard

Logo attached and photo of the actual "Spotty Dog" having a snooze - he has one big spot on his back and lots of little ones on his ears and belly

Attachments

• spotty dog.jpg
    spotty dog.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 79
  • WP_20140513_012.jpg
    WP_20140513_012.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 79
I like Estate as it has the potential to be used for products other than wine or wine-related ones if you want to diversify in the future. It also has more of a homely sound

Change the logo to the dog sleeping, and call it Sleepy Spot Vineyards?

hahaha - the sleeping position is rare, and the only time he stops long enough, from racing around enjoying life, to get his photo taken.

I'm leaning towards estate now that I've put the query down in words - and very true about "other products" ... I have been asked by a local cafe if I'd consider growing mushrooms for them in my wine cellar! :D

I prefer estate but I have to say I definitely am not a fan of the logo. Looks pretty cheap and badly executed.

I'm another for Estate, but I have to agree with sanj regarding the logo.

:( - ooooo - I drew that ... it does look a lot better on the small round label that goes on the lids of the tubs - surrounded by the name/blurb/ingredients/address etc.

You have to remember that these are small, quirky products sold in small local quirky boutique stores ... strangely enough the very formal looking packaged products look "to" polished.

Maybe - in years to come - when the market takes off :D I'll refine the logo

Attachments

• WP_20140530_001.jpg
    WP_20140530_001.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
:( - ooooo - I drew that ... it does look a lot better on the small round label that goes on the lids of the tubs - surrounded by the name/blub/ingredients/address etc.

You have to remember that these are small, quirky products sold in small local quirky boutique stores ... strangely enough the very formal looking packaged products look "to" polished.

You're right, it does look a lot better on the lid labels. I rather like it.

I retract my previous comment. The logo works well for the product.

:( - ooooo - I drew that ... it does look a lot better on the small round label that goes on the lids of the tubs - surrounded by the name/blurb/ingredients/address etc.

Now that I've seen the logo 'in the flesh' it looks a lot better.

You could just use The Spotted Dog

If you further diversify into snack foods you may need to come up with a new name. Arnotts has a registered trademark for Spotty Dog and they take no prisoners if you step close to their field.

I love the logo.

It does look like you or your kid did it. That's great. So it makes the product look like it's really been produced by a housewife in her kitchen at home. To me a flash professional looking colourful logo would like it's been churned out in a massive factory.

See ya's.

If you further diversify into snack foods you may need to come up with a new name. Arnotts has a registered trademark for Spotty Dog and they take no prisoners if you step close to their field.

I agree and totally aware ... I think I will stick to wine products and condiments and away from any form of biscuit ... although a local caf? did ask if I could grow them mushrooms in my cellar ... picking up the mushroom compost on Thursday ...

Spot is like a Dalmatian on his belly - so maybe the spots do look like a girl dog - I wasn't game to include his noodle in the picture

Back