Any advice for Brisbane Purchase

Hi Guys,

Amazing forum and resource!

I am looking to expand my portfolio and i want to buy some IP in brisbane. I can afford between 450-500k for each property.

The big thing for me is I want to buy something that down the road has the potential to develop or subdivide, splitter etc. as long as it has the possibility to add value this way.

Can the people who are experienced in this state (I am from NSW) offer me any help in terms of suburbs to look for? I am thinking to look at Everton park, Holland Park, Mt Gravatt, carina and carina heights,

Any other confirmations of these suburbs or other ones to look at?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sj

The big thing for me is I want to buy something that down the road has the potential to develop or subdivide, splitter etc. as long as it has the possibility to add value this way.

Do you know how the zonings in Brisbane work? Or otherwise how to figure out whether or not a lot can be subdivided?

That might be a first step.

Thanks Jamie,

I have messaged him but i think he must be pretty busy so ill wait till he gets in touch.

Does anyone else have any advice re my original post?

Thanks again

Sam

Thanks Jamie,

I have messaged him but i think he must be pretty busy so ill wait till he gets in touch.

Does anyone else have any advice re my original post?

Thanks again

Sam

The suburbs you mentioned are appropriate however I think in the current market it would be easy to pay too much for these blocks as there is fierce competition

Personally I would consider Redlands city council area - they are a seperate council and there are many areas you could do well in by developing. Also there is not as much investor competition

Places like Gordon Park have a single house on a long block that has two frontages. If the zoning and price match up, I've thought for years that it would be a great start for investors.

Hi Guys,

Amazing forum and resource!

I am looking to expand my portfolio and i want to buy some IP in brisbane. I can afford between 450-500k for each property.

Can the people who are experienced in this state (I am from NSW) offer me any help in terms of suburbs to look for? I am thinking to look at Everton park, Holland Park, Mt Gravatt, carina and carina heights,

Any other confirmations of these suburbs or other ones to look at?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sj

I think you will be fine with the suburbs mentioned above.

All of those suburbs have good infrastructure, safe, facilities and close to the CBD which make it attractive to a wide range of demographics.

Yes, you could go further out and get something cheaper, but id probably not and stick to the suburbs you mentioned- they are proven performers and have low risk.

I'd have a look at the 2014 draft city plan, opens up lots of options to develop 600sq blocks in some low residential zones instead of the current 800 sq blocks, there are a number of post about the draft city plan already on the forum.

Thsnks for al lthe advie guys!

Another question: What size land minimum should i be looking for say in carina or holland park or Gordon park..putting development stuff aside, just for a good investment, whats the minimum size house i should be aiming for?

Cheers

Back