Anyone buy an IPAD?? thoughts and impressions..

I tried one yesterday at the apple store, it was a lot of fun and I can see that these types of devices will replace the home laptop in the not so distant future for the bulk of people that just use them for a bit of email facebook and web surfing.

Google maps was a delight to use on it the dragging of the maps around and the pinch zoom was very natural. The books reading i dont know about but time will tell on this. I played a driving game on it and that was fun and used the Grand Prix software which was pretty swish.

Web surfing and typing was easy enough and I could see most homes having a few of these in a couple of years time. I am not a big fan of apple stuff though and will wait for one with android on it. It will be cheaper and a lot more flexible then $900 that apple are selling the 3g version of these things for with no expansion slots, video camera, flash or multi tasking.

Id say wait 12 months and buy a android one they will flood the market and will cost about $250 to $350 for a far more fexible and powerful device

Its ok. I find it "solid" . Cant see many girls holding onto it for too long. The Wired magazine app is a thing to behold...Clear indication of where print media is heading! If you follow kind of thing, its exciting times ahead!

Thinking of investing into Conde Nast, or something similar.

There a lot smarter these days. With the iPhone it took the competition a year or so to realize they needed to be like apple. Or better. First they had to be-little apple first, saying the usual...."we've been in the game for years" "we have 70percent market share" "pffft apple who?".... They pretty much skipped that step and went straight to copying.

Many high tech companies and individuals looked down on apple before, both mentally and in there strategic planning. Funny how that turned out.

There a lot smarter these days. With the iPhone it took the competition a year or so to realize they needed to be like apple. Or better. First they had to be-little apple first, saying the usual...."we've been in the game for years" "we have 70percent market share" "pffft apple who?".... They pretty much skipped that step and went straight to copying.

Many high tech companies and individuals looked down on apple before, both mentally and in there strategic planning. Funny how that turned out.

10 years ago Apple was within 90 days from bankruptcy, and lost most of it's team. The mere fact it still exists should be entirely credited to Steve.

so nothing funny about that. if you look at what apple was producing 10 years ago, you'd need to be a die hard fan to support it.

I was very keen to get my hands on an iPad when they were first realeased. But after playing around with one for a few minutes at JB Hifi I just couldn't justify buying it. It probably didn't help that my wife was looking over my shoulder asking "and what else does it do? Is that it? Your phone does that already. Your laptop does that already."

do you hate your car, or your decision to buy a lemon? :p

When i purchased it. I didnt have a checklist with *buy a lemon* on it. :rolleyes:

So yes. I hate my car. :p

For those who like the experience of flicking through a newspaper, or newspapers full stop, then i highly reccomend Pressreader. Originally from Sydney, its always good to catch up on the local rag. Warts and all :)

Youd better get it quick to use the trial. Its being abused at the mo, so im not sure how long itl last in its current form.

Just type in "2010" and you get an unlimited supply of newspapers for a month. Great thing about the free trial is that you dont have to supply credit card details etc. They prompt you after the month, and if you want, you can continue. "I hate" having to punch in the Cred Card to trial things over the web. Glad they dont do it for pressreader

Back