Anyone else looking in Perth at the moment?

The properties I've been watching have gone up about 20% in past 6-9 months. I guess they've reached their price point where there won't be much growth for a while. (6 - 12 months) But who really knows if they won't start to go backwards. Almost every property I've seen sold I see again in the "for rent" section soon afterwards.

Seems like im the only one interested in the city of gosnells area?

Never seen anyone mention anything past queens park. Im i missing something? is the mortgage belt to much for some investors maybe?

Cheers

Reece

Reeco - I looked into those areas a bit a few years ago but I couldn't see much potential. What do you think the area has going for it? I don't know the area that well though and rarely go there. I had a friend that lived in Gosnells and Thornlie so I've visited a few times but that's about it.

Personally i think its a dive. From cannington on to kelmscott, albany highway is such blight on perth. My only motivation is public transport and the hubs around the lines. Of course things will change... but until then, the areas around the train line and low entry cost(not always a plus) are the only motivations.

I bought two properties last year, one in feb and one in december (settled in dec, contract in october) Prop bought in Feb to live in, has seen a 15% increase since then, based on similar apts sold in the building recently.
Prop bought in october wouldn't have seen much growth since then but time on the market in the area has decreased for sure. So it seems priced correctly, next move will be prices if demand keeps up. This property rented straight away for above what we were asking.

Similarly another property rented this year was just rented at above asking price.

All good signs from where I'm sitting.

You bought at the right time then hey Kim.

That sounds positive then gooram. Maybe there are some good buying opportunities in Perth.

Personally i think its a dive. From cannington on to kelmscott, albany highway is such blight on perth. My only motivation is public transport and the hubs around the lines. Of course things will change... but until then, the areas around the train line and low entry cost(not always a plus) are the only motivations.

i think Kelmscott has real potential - esp near the new town centre.

You have vested interest. You wouldn't believe anything less I believe. I have noticed the 800+ dev potenti houses are being snapped up around the station. one day the armadale line will lose it's "most violent" tag.

went to acdc on monday, great show, never seen so many losers in 1 tribal gathering tho. I honestly didnt believe there were still so many bogans left!!!

ACDC is a bogan's god!

How could you tell they were losers? By the way they were dressed?

it's a package... dress is just step 1. followed by general appearance, tats, company kept, language, level of intellect, behaviour, fighting, drug useage.

if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

hey I was a bogan - in 1983! I grew up. by all means wear a black t-shirt and have a laugh like many people there did - but seriously I was shocked at how many people were there and were clearly full time bogans.

hey I was a bogan - in 1983! I grew up. by all means wear a black t-shirt and have a laugh like many people there did - but seriously I was shocked at how many people were there and were clearly full time bogans.

Elitism at its best. Classic nose up on that one bud. Whats wrong with bogans? Are you better then them Ausprop? Gotta love it when people look down on others:cool:

Elitism at its best. Classic nose up on that one bud. Whats wrong with bogans? Are you better then them Ausprop? Gotta love it when people look down on others:cool:

Bogans are fine. however many bogans are losers. Am I better than a loser? I would hope so, else I am a loser. Why would I aspire to be a loser :confused: or arr you saying that by looking down on losers you become a loser? It woud be hard to not be a loser under that scenario

Back