Anyone else looking in Perth at the moment?

Jindalee

hey guys im looking to buy my first IP but i have no idea what to look for basically I just want good capital growth is there anything you can recommend?
also do you think prices will be coming down anytime soon now that interest rates are slowing creeping up?

cheers Sam

hey guys im looking to buy my first IP but i have no idea what to look for basically I just want good capital growth is there anything you can recommend?
also do you think prices will be coming down anytime soon now that interest rates are slowing creeping up?

cheers Sam
Hi Sam,

Welcome to SS, this being your first post.
What exact cap growth are you wanting from the property and in what time period? How many properties do you want over what time? Good quality well located property do not go down over time.
May I suggest you starting a separate new thread.

I just bought my first IP. 3x1 villa in Queens Park 335k.
I think in 10 years time i will be saying how cheap property was back then.
I could have bargained harder but i am still happy with the price.

I just bought my first IP. 3x1 villa in Queens Park 335k.
I think in 10 years time i will be saying how cheap property was back then.
I could have bargained harder but i am still happy with the price.

El Narros, congrats on your 1st IP - thats the hardest one out of the way for you.

Undoubtedly in 10 years time you will be correct.

I bought a near new 3 bed villa in Queens Park same as you 7 years ago back in 2002 for $137k. Im very happy with what its worth today! :)

I have spoke to 3 [trusted ] RE agents this week and they have all said the market has turned. Mainly in the under 700K market. One sold a property the day it was appraised.
Our neighbour sold a perth property the day it was listed a month ago.
I imagine if, and l mean if, we ever get a run of warm weather it will really kick things along a bit.
I even noticed a beach side property for sale with "expression of interest" havent seen that since the dizzy heights of the boom. And no the property isnt in a prime spot and its just a house. I would say it would be about 350k to 420k price range.
oh well just my 2 bobs worth
cheers
yadreamin

I have spoke to 3 [trusted ] RE agents this week and they have all said the market has turned. Mainly in the under 700K market. One sold a property the day it was appraised.
Our neighbour sold a perth property the day it was listed a month ago.
I imagine if, and l mean if, we ever get a run of warm weather it will really kick things along a bit.

oh well just my 2 bobs worth
cheers
yadreamin

Its exciting isnt it! Perth has most definately turned.

Its time to jump in! :D

yeh a house near me has been on the market over 12 months. the locals had written it all off as dreaming, with a couple of other local sales going thru at 30% under this other houses asking price. Anyway the sold sticker went up on the weekend. some of the sellers in the march low will be really dark. All stock has cleared now and nothing available. sure has been a roller coaster these past few years!

I've recently put in 3 offers, the first one was at only 5% less than asking price, but it was denied. The second was asking for offers over a certain price, I offered 2.5k over this, denied. The 3rd has been accepted and this was again 5% under asking price.

So I'm guessing some agents are confident that offers will keep coming in atm, perhaps dreaming of the heady days of a few years ago when people were offering more than the asking price? I was very surprised that our first two offers were denied. The first one is still on the market, the second I believe has gone under offer.

As an inner city real estate agent, I can confident say that I am getting on average 2 or 3 offers on any property I list (under 500K). Over that range it is still abit slow.

I've recently put in 3 offers, the first one was at only 5% less than asking price, but it was denied. The second was asking for offers over a certain price, I offered 2.5k over this, denied. The 3rd has been accepted and this was again 5% under asking price.

So I'm guessing some agents are confident that offers will keep coming in atm, perhaps dreaming of the heady days of a few years ago when people were offering more than the asking price? I was very surprised that our first two offers were denied. The first one is still on the market, the second I believe has gone under offer.

What price range and what suburbs?

I got knocked back on my offer. It was about 10% below asking. I might have to revise this.

Dianella and Yokine are competetive atm. Lots are going close to or at asking price.

Kim

I was looking at Yokine, Tuart Hill etc on RE.com the other day, and I swear 2 out of 3 properties had under offer on them.

competitive seems to be the word.

I got knocked back on my offer. It was about 10% below asking. I might have to revise this.

Dianella and Yokine are competetive atm. Lots are going close to or at asking price.

East Vic Park - Offer 650k Denied
Burswood - Offer 602.5k Denied
St James - Offer 525k Accepted

Ended up buying a duplex potential site (750sqm) with a 2 bedroom house on it for much less than the original two which were nicer homes on smaller blocks closer to the city.

Were originally looking for a new PPOR but have decided to stay where we are for the time being and this new prop will be an IP.

Indeed, I've been overlooking it for years. Recently had friends move into St James and only then did we realise it was a good opportunity to buy large blocks close to the city at reasonable prices. Vicinity to Curtin Uni makes for reasonably low vacancy and after talking to agents, lots of young couples are moving in because of affordability. Very close to Vic Park restaurants, pubs and shopping. There's a lot of upside I reckon.

Curious though, what is the relevance of belmont?

I had a property there. don't regret selling it, gees its a rough place! I never thought Perth was dodgy till I drove around the streets near brownley towers - not a house that isn't in full armour. IMO the prices for housing in that part of town is nuts compared to what you can buy in the western burbs.

and as the cops said when the house was broken into... the landlord needs to provide more security. Yes officer, all my fault, guilty as charged.

I am surprised that Bunbury has not been mentioned. The place is changing, always considered bogansville, but not for too much longer.

Great value, potential to add value purchasing development sites in central/south Bunbury
Rents are soaring
Bypass
Worsley expansion and other projects.

Cheers, MTR

I think it goes without saying. the whole south west will be buoyed right thru to Dunsborough, Margaret Rvier and on to Augusta even. bookings for my property down there are up dramatically

Back