Anyone else looking in Perth at the moment?

As an inner city real estate agent, I can confident say that I am getting on average 2 or 3 offers on any property I list (under 500K). Over that range it is still abit slow.

One of the guys at work had his neighbours house (perth northern suburbs)go on the market very recently for $725k, turned into a dutch auction between the buyers attending, looks to be now sold at around $770k

perusing the local rags, though didn't read the full articles and there was an article on a spearwood family selling their property for around $5M

another recent one about Queues of people for land sales again:confused:

Where's BC's thread about WA ;)

One of the guys at work had his neighbours house (perth northern suburbs)go on the market very recently for $725k, turned into a dutch auction between the buyers attending, looks to be now sold at around $770k

perusing the local rags, though didn't read the full articles and there was an article on a spearwood family selling their property for around $5M

another recent one about Queues of people for land sales again:confused:

Where's BC's thread about WA ;)

i read those articles as well

People queing up, sleeping out for blocks in Hammond Park - beeliar i think ???but don't quote me

First time IP offer denied

Hi everyone,

good to discover this forum. Wish i had found it earlier so i could tap some of the collective wisdom.

I am a first time IP buyer. Today i got knocked back on an IP in Booragoon i really liked. My offer was less than 10% off the asking! But i got denied. Quite disappointed because it ticked all the right boxes for me. As it is my first IP, I am looking to build established surburbs to build some investment confidence.
I am looking for 2-3 bed villas in the surrounding south areas of Booragoon, Brentwood, Applecross etc as I live in the vincinity with my folks.
My price range is between 400-450k. I am looking for fairly decent rental returns and also have a view to move into this property in the future which is why I dont want to buy rougher areas. I thought 400-450k is enough! Guess the market is warming up again!

Any words of advice? Any other similar areas/properties I should be considering? Am I aiming too high? Or am i just feelling the anti-climax of a no deal?
:(

brentwood - i like it. great suburb.

you're feeling the anti-climax. just make sure you're only prepared to buy what ticks your boxes. that way, you can explain to your children how you did it and why you were so successful.

Hi everyone,

good to discover this forum. Wish i had found it earlier so i could tap some of the collective wisdom.

I am a first time IP buyer. Today i got knocked back on an IP in Booragoon i really liked. My offer was less than 10% off the asking! But i got denied. Quite disappointed because it ticked all the right boxes for me.

Any words of advice? Any other similar areas/properties I should be considering? Am I aiming too high? Or am i just feelling the anti-climax of a no deal?

First off welcome to the forum.

Making offers is not just about 'the purchase price'. Its about securing a win/win situation for the vendor and the purchaser.

To do so one must find out why the vendor is selling and what the vendor is looking for. In other words the vendors 'Hot buttons'. Then pitch an offer to press those 'Hot Buttons.

Its all about negotiation and to negotiate one must find out what the vendor is wanting then fill it.

Hope this helps.

i read those articles as well

People queing up, sleeping out for blocks in Hammond Park - beeliar i think ???but don't quote me

that release of Eden Green is not sold out... 13 sold and 8 on hold (which means they could release back to the market). 32 more on sale.

thought it'll sell like hot cakes.

Back