Anyone else looking in Perth at the moment?

Any comments on Willagee?

We're looking to get a foothold in Perth for future retirement and are looking at a House & Land package in Willagee. Any comments on the suburb from the wonderful SS members who live in Perth?
Many thanks
Shirley

Shirley there are good and not so good parts of Willagee. Used to be a lot of asbestos houses on big blocks and home west (state public housing) in the area.

In recent years the suburb is slowly being made over as these old houses are being bowled over and new homes/strata titled villas are replacing them.

As far as location goes its 5 minutes from Fremantle and Booragoon (Garden City Shopping Centre) for shopping with good access routes/infrastructures all round it for travelling north south east and west. Adjacent to high employment areas such as O'connor with lots of commercial and industrial businesses.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Rixter. This block is close to the Leach Highway,only 2.2km from where one daughter lives in Melville and about 6km to our other daughter in Freo.

My main concern was the Leach Highway and traffic noise.

There's an offer already on it unfortunately but we're hoping that might fall through and our offer will be next in line. The market in Perth seems to be booming - should have bought ages ago!

Thanks again.
Shirley

Thanks, Rixter. This block is close to the Leach Highway,only 2.2km from where one daughter lives in Melville and about 6km to our other daughter in Freo.

How close are you talking? A street or 2 back should be fine.

There's an offer already on it unfortunately but we're hoping that might fall through and our offer will be next in line. The market in Perth seems to be booming - should have bought ages ago!

Thanks again.
Shirley

I would be concerned about the leach hwy too. Esp if you're considering it for retirement. I used to live about 5 blocks back from the tonkin hwy and it was reasonably quiet. 1 or 2 blocks away though was very noisy.

Hoping for offers to fall through is pie in the sky stuff, I would forget it and move on. Even if it does fall through it may take the full 4 weeks until the end of the finance approval cutoff, and by that time you might have missed more opportunities.

If you are adopting a pure capital gains strategy the areas that I would be looking at, which I believe are undervalued are:

Yokine
Tuart Hill
Joondanna
Doubleview
Glendalough
Maylands
Victoria Park/East V.Park
Scarborough
Riverton
Wilson

And if you have some more cash to play with the area which is about to explode is Mount Hawthorn.

Victoria Park/ East Vic Park, Riverton and Wilson are all South of the River.

I agree with Riverton and Wilson being 'undiscovered' but I think I think that Vic Park/East Vic Park have already taken off in a big way.....especially East Vic Park is expensive now.

East Vic Park prices have been unbelievable lately......in fact the prices now seem to be on a par with Kensington.

Victoria Park/ East Vic Park, Riverton and Wilson are all South of the River.

I agree with Riverton and Wilson being 'undiscovered' but I think I think that Vic Park/East Vic Park have already taken off in a big way.....especially East Vic Park is expensive now.

East Vic Park prices have been unbelievable lately......in fact the prices now seem to be on a par with Kensington.

Yeh i agree that vic park and east vic park have already taken off but if you look at its proximity to the cbd and also the developments which are taking place on the main cafe strip it's not hard to see its potential for further price increases. Theres curently also talk off extending the cat bus down the causeway and then back up shepperton rd to the city.

Riverton is still underpriced for its position and also in the RSHS zone, so there are going to be no troubles at all securing high paying rentals.

I probably have a bias for NOR properties, but I think they represent better value as they have the beach located near-by, each to their own i guess.

Hope I helped a few people out, lets hear what some other investors believe will be some hot spots for the future :)

I'm a NoR (North of River) fan also, but have my passport to visit the southern suburbs ;)

The proposed Marina down at Coogee (South Of River) should have a positive impact on the area; there is already some gentrification underway in a number of areas when I last took a visit

ImageGenerator.axd

Port Coogee Fly Through

If you are adopting a pure capital gains strategy the areas that I would be looking at, which I believe are undervalued are:

Yokine
Tuart Hill
Joondanna
Doubleview
Glendalough
Maylands
Victoria Park/East V.Park
Scarborough
Riverton
Wilson

And if you have some more cash to play with the area which is about to explode is Mount Hawthorn.

Some high entry points there. Care to elaborate on you reasons for picking these suburbs? Especially Mount Hawthorn, Maylands, Yokine.

Thanks,
Gooram

i like mt hawthorn. personally I think E Vic Park has over shot, you can go to many better suburbs for the money (including kensington), but I reckon you could get cheap homes in western suburbs for that sort of money

one word - lathlain.

Pretty small market there BC - not talking your book are you? :p

That market has looked undervalued to me for the whole of the last ten years that I have been looking at it. I bought some stock in Rivervale as a result. Still looks undervalued and I keep wondering why it doesn't get swooped on. One day I'm sure it will rise compared to its neighbours... dunno when though!

Back