Anyone else renovating over Easter?

Yes, but I don't do much work myself. Driving to Bunnings and waste disposal is pretty much what I do. I have helped a number of guys and they help me in painting etc. Beer and burgers do the trick. And it takes quite longer as well as alcohol is used more than the paint itself :D Unfortunately these expenses cannot be claimed from tax man. But still it is cheaper for me, I reckon.

Last edited:
Something along those lines. Got new carpet Thursday. Tried to get all the painting finished before new carpets. Just having a break from putting everything back in rooms. Also the council is doing a bulk rubbish pick up on Monday so cleaning up the yard.

:p. Yesssss. I am doing serious "pre-renovations". :eek:

We are currently at a cute little cottage in Berry, NSW. I have taken photos of a number of cute ideas for future plans we have. :)

Does that count?

Yes, that is to say my husband is stuck with it while I'm away at work over Easter. I believe he was stripping paint from window frames with a heat gun today :cool:

Hubby is busy waterproofing right now. Need to paint first coat before a trip to Melbourne, so he can finish it when we get back.

Yep, just about to drive to the new IP now for a weekend of painting :( My wife's decided to stay home and paint the girls' cubby house instead!

Moyjos, I live in Berry, wanna come and reno my place?:D:D:D

Yep! Pulled out kitchen last weekend. This weekend pulling down internal wall and sheeting and putting up supporting beam and gyprocking. This for new IP bought 4 April Toronto NSW. A family affair with husband, son, daughter in law, brother in law all helping :)

Just got home covered in paint. Hadn't planned on renovating today, but son and partner came for brekky and we went back with them to do some painting to get their house ready to go on the market.

Yep, just about to drive to the new IP now for a weekend of painting :( My wife's decided to stay home and paint the girls' cubby house instead!

Moyjos, I live in Berry, wanna come and reno my place?:D:D:D

Yes please. :D. You truly do live in a piece of paradise here.

We are moving and revamping a gate this weekend. Posts are set so today is repairing and reconstructing. Soon the kids will not be able to escape the yard.

If we get time we might make a start on relocating retaining walls in the front yard.

Took the first step and crossed the point of no return on my first bathroom reno today. Knocked about half the wall tiles off so far.

Replaced the kitchen in one of our IP?s ? tenants moved out Thursday night, spent Friday gutting it and putting all the new cabinets in, Saturday had a bux party :D, Sunday pushed through the finishing stuff (silicone, handles etc) ready for the home open yesterday morning (hopefully photos work)

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 79
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 80
Back