anyone into photography?

I just bought an old photographic studio/residence ... does that count?

Mystery ... :p

In the mid-1990s I built a darkroom in the basement laundry in my first house. Back in the day when photography was analogue. :)

I was working on the wet bench it in my garage when the news of Lady Di's car accident came through on the radio...

Best thing that ever happened to photography was digital. Darkrooms were horrible places... though I do miss hand enlarging. Back in the day I had a 4x5 Linhoff Technica V and a couple of nice lenses.

To a Physics major, this comment rings true:
"So they made a camera that can process images faster than electricity can travel through silicon? Until they talk more how they can actually process the "taken image" into a storage within a fraction of a nano second I won't believe one word and call his videos just 3D Renders."

I doubt the "light bullet" through the bottle of Coke is the actual sequence of photos. I'd be more inclined to think that they had several cameras taking photos all within nanoseconds of each other (even reading that back, it sounds far-fetched)

To a Physics major, this comment rings true:
"So they made a camera that can process images faster than electricity can travel through silicon? Until they talk more how they can actually process the "taken image" into a storage within a fraction of a nano second I won't believe one word and call his videos just 3D Renders."

I doubt the "light bullet" through the bottle of Coke is the actual sequence of photos. I'd be more inclined to think that they had several cameras taking photos all within nanoseconds of each other (even reading that back, it sounds far-fetched)

It was a close to a year ago that the first footage of light in motion popped up. It took some digging but I came across the original article I read which detailed the imaging process a bit better. Have a read: http://phys.org/news/2011-12-trillion-frame-per-second-video.html

There's further discussion in the comments there.

It was a close to a year ago that the first footage of light in motion popped up. It took some digging but I came across the original article I read which detailed the imaging process a bit better. Have a read: http://phys.org/news/2011-12-trillion-frame-per-second-video.html

There's further discussion in the comments there.

Thanks.

From my reading of the article, I'm sort-a right, that it's not a single 'exposure', for want of a better term. Still very interesting.

Very Nice!

I like photography, just bought a Canon 1DX and 70-200mm USM II L Series for my motorsport and Footy photography hobby.

Trying my hand at portrait shots for the first time in the next few weeks, not sure the wife is going to be too impressed when she finds out it is a Victoria Secrets shoot ;)

Very Nice!

I like photography, just bought a Canon 1DX and 70-200mm USM II L Series for my motorsport and Footy photography hobby.

Trying my hand at portrait shots for the first time in the next few weeks, not sure the wife is going to be too impressed when she finds out it is a Victoria Secrets shoot ;)

At least it's not a nude shoot!

Very Nice!

and your inviting us along... thats thoughtful im sure we can help carry the camera and lens's

Back