Photography - I'm hooked

I have a camera, but sadly I don't have any creative skill whatsoever. I am the embodiment of the phrase "All the gear and no idea". :(

But when I use the equipment, I have fun. That's the main point, right?? :D

I just need to practice more - have barely taken a photo in the last few years. Currently using a Nikon D300 and assorted lenses.

ok - I'll give it a go.

It's a HDR pick using a few different exposures blended into one and treated quite heavily in lightroom (probably a bit too much).

Took it on Sunday morning while staying in a clients B&B in Victoria. I have the best clients :)

EDIT - OK, so how do I actually upload a photo! I've tried adding different flickr URLs but none have worked.

EDIT - OK, so how do I actually upload a photo! I've tried adding different flickr URLs but none have worked.

Go to the image on whatever website you have it displayed on and right click on the image itself.
Click on "copy image address" or similar.

Go to the "insert image" icon in the post menu and paste the address and click ok.

Should work.

OK - take two.

14239718457_ab751c8705_z.jpg

Nice Jamie - I'm not a huge fan of overly processed HDRs but that's looking good, love the colours and you've been able to keep the detail which can be hard on a bracketed shot. I like how the fence leads the eye into the middle if the pic. A small nit pick (my pet hate) looks like your horizon is tipping ever so slightly to the right.

Back