Anyone knows GDevelopments?

I am always weary of a web site that has no information (like address) or phone number... have not heard of them particularly ... but I'd be worried also.

How much deposit did you give them? What due dilligence did you do?

I am always weary of a web site that has no information (like address) or phone number... have not heard of them particularly ... but I'd be worried also.

How much deposit did you give them? What due dilligence did you do?

I put 2000$. 500$ to a solicitor trust account for the land and 1500$ to GDevelopments account for the house. Actually he called me just now saying sending out the contract. It looks they don't really have a formal office, which could be the reason their price is so lower than others. Hopefully that's the case. I don't mind they have office or not as long as they get things done and done with reasonable quality. :confused:

Just be careful ... at contract stage ... they can ask for a balance of a 7% deposit (by law under the BCA ... Building Contracts Act) ... by having no fixed address ... what hapenns if they take off with your $2k and the balance of 7%?

I just like to know where I can send the Today Tonight cameras ... :)

You can try asking the MBA (Master Buidlers Association) or HIA (Housing Industry Association) or even the Builders Registration Board if they have had any bad issues with the builder.

A little due dilligence helps you sleep at night.

Good Luck :rolleyes:

Hi fyang1024

I just looked at the website but it is very short of information and contact details and a google search doesn't bring up much about them are they a new company? Did they supply much information about what it is that you are buying?

Make sure you get a solicitor to look over the contract and track down more information about exactly who it is that you are dealing with. I would be concerned that the only address seems to be a PO box.

Asking people on the forum first is a much better idea than asking afterwards just in case - has anyone at all on here heard of them or dealt with them before???

bump..

Fyang I would be interested to know how you ended up going with gdevelopments.. Did you go ahead with the H+L package?

Back