Anyone watching the cricket?

Lyon wants dragging over the coals for that.....unbelievable...just block it is all he had to do. But he tries to play it....OMG...!:eek:

Credit to the Kiwis...

Not Lyon's fault. What was Warner doing taking singles off the first ball like that? Was he playing for his not out?

Bugga!

Cheers,
Michael

Ahh didn't see that...sorry to Mr Lyon....I turned on and saw the last 2 balls bowled in the test and assumed he was facing due to the last wicket fallen and Warner caught at other end. I shouldn't assume...

An unbelievable collapse...they had 2 whole days + to block block block and get the required runs & frustrate the bolwers outta there....some inexperience I spose...?

Pretty sad effort when one guy gets more than 50% of the runs. So called experienced batsmen getting out slashing at wide balls on a lively wicket :(

I would think that Warner gets very little practice batting with number 11's, he is usually off and gone long before that in shorter matches. His lack of test match experience was on display.

After that score he should get a run against India, hopefully someone will tell him to protect the bunnies. (maybe Steve Waugh or Michael Beaven would be suitable)

Should be quite a few changes made to the line up if first choice players are available for the Boxing Day test.

Starc out for Cummins
Hughes out for Watson
Khawaja out for Marsh possibly

David Warner has overtaken Hughes as MY choice of opener with Watson. For someone who's only made 4 or so first class hundreds, showed his maturity and composure when it was all going to s**t at the other end

Completely agree. Hughes seems like a confidence player. If you fail 4 times in a row against new zealand, there's not much hope against india.

His problem is a technique problem, the Indians will be well aware of the fact that he gets out in the same area playing the same bad shot virtually every innings.

He needs heaps of practice on how to play in that area or a better technique otherwise he becomes one of those sportsmen with a fatal flaw that stops then reaching their potential.

An example is a young player coming into first grade footy, has a huge year the first year and the opposition work him out and he has a disaster of a second year. Unless he fixes the flaws he ain't going to stay around long.

Experienced coaches can usually fix it but not always and the media goss is that Hughes doesn't take kindly to suggestions that he change his style

Hope he can work it out, a boy from the bush made good is always a feel good story.

Warner was an absolute idiot taking singles off the first, second and third balls. He should've been trying to hit four's for the first few balls and then only taken a single off the 5th or 6th ball. It was inevitable that Lyon got out - and especially with 2 unsuccessful lbw's Warner should've taken that as warnings to not give Lyon the majority of the strike again!

Then again the middle order collapsed yet again!

Does anyone else rate Pattinson? I think he has the makings of a "McGrath".. if he could get his line and length more consistent.

Both he and Cummings have the goods (and McGrath said so in the lunch break about Pattinson)

Johnson is great though when he is consistent. Lyon isn't too bad either. Siddle is good but not great - as is Harris when not injured.

I think Khawaja is pretty good though. Steven Smith not so great... yet (I know him personally so should be biased toward him - so think in the long term he will get there hopefully :rolleyes:)

Both he and Cummings have the goods (and McGrath said so in the lunch break about Pattinson)

Johnson is great though when he is consistent. Lyon isn't too bad either. Siddle is good but not great - as is Harris when not injured.

I think Khawaja is pretty good though. Steven Smith not so great... yet (I know him personally so should be biased toward him - so think in the long term he will get there hopefully :rolleyes:)

Pattinson and Cummins should be able to lead the bowling attack for the next ten years. IMHO Johnson is finished, especially if Siddle and Harris can perform.
Lyon has shown the goods the last series, will be interesting to see how he goes against the Indians who play spin really well.
Khawaja needs some confidence like Hughes. Problem is, especially for Hughes, the selectors aren't going to wait forever for them to find it

Bowling seems to be coming alright, although big test would be against India. But batting is a major concern, and will remain so unless axe is swung.

Back