ANZ: 3 year fixed 6.44%

aahh ROLF i wont be surprised.

But highly doubt it will be beaten.
CBA and westpac already played their cards- CBA might be able to budge a bit more with their 6.59....

NAB won't be in the position to play with the long term market...their funding source allows them to stay on top in the short term margin only ( variable rates)

Regards
Michael

just wondering if 0.15% discount on breakfree package can be applied to that 6.44% rate? that would make it unbeatable!

It's already applied...

The new fixed mortgage rates under the Breakfree package are (ANZ):

Term New Rate Old Rate Change
1-Year 6.59% 6.89% -0.30%
2-Year 6.44% 6.99% -0.55%
3-Year 6.44% 7.04% -0.60%
4-Year 6.89% 7.44% -0.55%
5-Year 6.99% 7.49% -0.50%

devank - Hard to say in this given market...looks like Varaible will drop, but by how much not sure...also it's hard to predict what will happen in the next 6 month; let alone a 2-3 years forecast.

But to fix or not to fix should not just be based on the rate but your financial objective and position; meaning IF the rate did go up say by 1% can you afford to meet repayment or will you have problems?

Are you expecting a pay decrease? maternity leave etc...

So really is having a fixing rate gives you:
1. Peace of mind
2. Financial stability in term of budgeting etc

It's like having an insurance policy.

I'm fixing half of my IP loans ( guaranteed to cover mortgage repayments, as long as it's rented at the same or higher rental)

Regards
Michael

devank - Hard to say in this given market...looks like Varaible will drop, but by how much not sure...also it's hard to predict what will happen in the next 6 month; let alone a 2-3 years forecast.

But to fix or not to fix should not just be based on the rate but your financial objective and position; meaning IF the rate did go up say by 1% can you afford to meet repayment or will you have problems?

Are you expecting a pay decrease? maternity leave etc...

So really is having a fixing rate gives you:
1. Peace of mind
2. Financial stability in term of budgeting etc

It's like having an insurance policy.

I'm fixing half of my IP loans ( guaranteed to cover mortgage repayments, as long as it's rented at the same or higher rental)

Regards
Michael
interesting... im thinking to fix it, at least half of them. currently with ing and greater, even anz variable is beating both of them now!

aahh ROLF i wont be surprised.

But highly doubt it will be beaten.
CBA and westpac already played their cards- CBA might be able to budge a bit more with their 6.59....

NAB won't be in the position to play with the long term market...their funding source allows them to stay on top in the short term margin only ( variable rates)

Regards
Michael

HBS at 6.49

Unlimited repayments and redraw, no pro pack requirement

Not great to deal with though.............

ta'rolf

Would ANZ give any discount on the new advertised fixed rate for low risk clients?

Always worth a look, however, low risk is hard to quantify.

What I think is low risk, and what you may think is low risk, may not bear out in the lenders stats as I am continously reminded by Credit at various lenders

ta
rolf

put a 5 at the front and I'm in like Flynn. Otherwise I'll stick to variable for now.

Over the many years of watching rates they do slowly work themselves up to ouch factor - but for very brief periods of time before plunging.

The secret is to be able to hang on during that brief ouch.

It's already applied...

The new fixed mortgage rates under the Breakfree package are (ANZ):

Term New Rate Old Rate Change
1-Year 6.59% 6.89% -0.30%
2-Year 6.44% 6.99% -0.55%
3-Year 6.44% 7.04% -0.60%
4-Year 6.89% 7.44% -0.55%
5-Year 6.99% 7.49% -0.50%

Where is this listed on the ANZ website - I can't see these rates anywhere (they are still showing the 7.04/7.44%)?

Aaaaaah!

Thank you for that.

Will look into fixing our PPOR for 3 years I think, but leave the IP's on variable just in case we need to get out prior to the conclusion of the fixed term (certainly not expecting to but you never know what may happen)...I certainly don't want to be paying penalties for breaking the fixed term.

Back