ANZ - Pricing discount WAR!!

Just an update - ANZ approved my discount adjustment from 0.7% to 1% (met the $ and LVR criteria in the original post). So you don't have to be a new customer but I should add that I was not on Breakfree before so getting me signed up on that probably ticks some sort of KPI for them anyway.

Big thanks to Mick C!

Just an update - ANZ approved my discount adjustment from 0.7% to 1% (met the $ and LVR criteria in the original post). So you don't have to be a new customer but I should add that I was not on Breakfree before so getting me signed up on that probably ticks some sort of KPI for them anyway.

Big thanks to Mick C!

Went into the branch today and requested they increase my discount to 1%. Advised they would! :cool: Will wait until I've seen the paperwork before I pop the champagne cork.

Big thanks to Mick C!

Glad the post was of some help :)

Alwasy feel good to beat the bank at their own game ( to a point anyway....they will always win lol)

Regards
Michael

Rang the BreakFree team last night and they "can't do anything" as they can only offer the 1% to new customers. :( Gee that gets my goat, when companies offer great deals to buy new business, and don't bother looking after existing ones! :mad: In my industry, it's a whole lot easier to keep existing than get new ones, so we make a point of looking after our existing customers.

Was also in the branch yesterday (making a deposit for a change! :cool:) and they offered an "account review". Maybe I'll take them up on that offer and push for the 1% thru the branch ;). The breakfree guy told me that a broker or branch is where I'm best to ask - what's the point of the breakfree hotline, then! :confused:

Thanks to the OP for drawing my attention to this.

A different department looks after pricing. get your broker to earn their keep otherwise just call 132599 and ask for a payout figure. when they ask you why just advise that you are looking to refinance through NAB. If asked the rate just advise 0.90% to 1.00 below ANZ's SVR (7.80%). A bit will depend on what loan amount you are dealing with and what LVR. If over 80% they know you'll be up for LMI again and they will also factor in any DEF payable (if applicable).

Regards
Steve

Went into the branch today and requested they increase my discount to 1%. Advised they would! :cool: Will wait until I've seen the paperwork before I pop the champagne cork.

<POP>

Checked the loan settings today and we are now on 6.76% for all our lending, which is 1.04% below the advertised standard 7.80% on the website.

:D

Thanks to the OP we just (well, two visits) got the .7 to .9 % per the original post on "break free".

Still a bit pricey compared to the others but just enough to stay.....

<POP>

Checked the loan settings today and we are now on 6.76% for all our lending, which is 1.04% below the advertised standard 7.80% on the website.

:D

How much lending do you have with them?

I only have 0.7% discount on ~ $420k of borrowings. I'll be going into the branch on Monday!

Confirmed with ANZ - 0.9% discount off a loan of $418k. :) I even managed to get the first year's cost of the BreakFree package waived. :)

The catch is, I have to convert my existing (old) Home Loan Interest Saver offset account to an ANZ One offset account, which means faffing around with all my scheduled direct debits, rent and salary coming in and rent going out and so on. Big hassle, but worth the saving of ~ $800/year. :)

Confirmed with ANZ - 0.9% discount off a loan of $418k. :) I even managed to get the first year's cost of the BreakFree package waived. :)

The catch is, I have to convert my existing (old) Home Loan Interest Saver offset account to an ANZ One offset account, which means faffing around with all my scheduled direct debits, rent and salary coming in and rent going out and so on. Big hassle, but worth the saving of ~ $800/year. :)

You have to swap offset? I think if you just open an access savings account it can be nominated as your transactional account. This should allow the HLIS to remain open (try at all costs as they are no longer available). I have a similar scenario that should be sorted either today or Monday and will advise.

You have to swap offset? I think if you just open an access savings account it can be nominated as your transactional account. This should allow the HLIS to remain open (try at all costs as they are no longer available). I have a similar scenario that should be sorted either today or Monday and will advise.

I don't want a savings account. I just want a single offset account. Basically, they won't give me a discount unless I go BreakFree, and they can't give me breakfree and it's incompatible with HLIS...

Actually, why keep the HLIS around?

Seems an odd request do u need a loan swap ?

if you need a new loan be aware that they will likley want a full app..........

ta
rolf

Back