April's RBA Board Rate Cut Announced: 0.25%

Hardly seems worth the effort. Maybe you could tell them to keep it because they clearly need it more than you do :)

Hey, I'll take it Rob, if you don't mind ;) Even though I don't bank with CBA, i suspect Macquarie, ANZ, WBC & ING are not going to reduce much more, if at all.

R.I.P. bank competition :(

No rush, not expecting or holding out for it.

Dave
Nah, you're just riding that "new posts" button, desperately waiting for someone to post the big 4 bank rate cut results so you can see how much you stand to save in interest payments... ;)

Only kidding. Agree, it looks like peanuts this time around anyway.

Cheers,
Michael

hi all
just to put a bit of cold water all the people saying that banks will pass on the drop.
couple of things I would love some one to ask both mr rudd and mr swan.
the rba rte is now 3%
whats the banks default rates
and whats the banks comm rates
well let me give you a few
bankwest default rate is about 15% so if you default on your loan your rate might be 5% but your default is 15%
bankwest comm rate has not dropped it has gone up.
westpac rate for comm has also gone up its 4.5% above bank bill it was 2.5% so the rba rate is falling and thecomm rates are rising
work that out
I would love to see a list of the default rates for all the banks becaus ethese are not falling at all
can some on epost devault interest rates and
lets see where these are
you would fall off the chair if you looked at them
I have a vendor on 15% and they are rising daily now thats scary.
the debt was 80% lvr and is now over value and thats in a market on 3.25% bank bill rates.
lets post the default rate
and u will see that there are very close to usary.
12% on top of bank bill from a top 4 in any market is close to usary in my book
post the defaults rates and then let some one ask mr rudd and mr swan as a fish person ones said please explain

3 reasons the RBA didn't drop more than 0.25%

- the banks won't pass on the rate cuts anyway, so what's the point.
- we want a lot more business busts and unemployed before we drop further.
- we don't want to start a property bubble. :rolleyes:

Nevertheless it puts the rate in the 4's now at 4.94%, psychologically sounds a lot cheaper!

I really hope ING do something as I am on a rate of 6.04% with them and it sucks! I should probably just hop onto their 3 year fixed as I will be better off anyway even if they pass on the full rate cut.

You hit the nail on the head here Peter. Great Post!
I also think those ppl who are looking to lock rates in and haven't before now have possibly missed the boat.

I doubt this will really do much for anyone. The property market is being driven by first home buyers at the moment. At this point further rate cuts won't stimulate property sectors any more. The FHBs are being slowed down by lenders deposit requirements more than anything else (90% LVRs & 5% genuine savings).

I think the RBA wants to reduce rates to try keep a step ahead of the slowing economy but they are probably reluctant to drop it too far as this would encourage 'stagflation'. Rates have already dropped so far, so fast, that there's not much more that can be trimmed.

I doubt we'll see much positive reaction from the banks. Those that do pass it all on will probably tweek something else in their products. This has already been done in many cases such as reducing discounts on professional packages.

Back