Arborist quote, reasonable?

So this arborist quoted me $825 for 5 trees and $88 for every tree after that just to assess to see if its significant or not in the path of my storm water pipe plan.

Is that quote reasonable?

Thanks Guys

Leo

So this arborist quoted me $825 for 5 trees and $88 for every tree after that just to assess to see if its significant or not in the path of my storm water pipe plan.

Is that quote reasonable?

Thanks Guys

Leo

You're asking how long a piece of string is..

How tall are they? are they growing through power lines? next to your house? access restrictions? steep site? etc etc..

hI vb,

I am not exactly sure has I haven't seen that part of the land but my engineer picked a path to lay the pipes that most likely miss most trees and roots.. the council approved the DA already, they just want an arborist report to state that the pipes wont disturb significant native species etc.

This 1 arborist I rang was insane. He was swearing at me from the beginning saying that he's sick of developers asking arborist for reports if they are not willing to let the arborist be at the sire when the builder is digging. then he said he must check that every root is cut properly at a certain angle with precision cutting....and the trees are the most important and their roots and he went on and on and on for 15 minutes..swearing every few words...absolutely nut job.

Has anyone else experienced this with arborist..?

thanks

Leo

Hi terry,

Yes mate I did, I found a good one. I was recommended one on the forum but I couldn't get through to him..not sure if he changed his number. But I have found one who is very reasonable and just wants to get the job done to please council and the client.

Perfect.

cheers

leo

At these prices why wouldnt he?

$825 for 5 trees and $88 for every tree after that just to assess

Ask what price he charges to remove trees... I could get three trees removed and the yard tidied for a little more than that. Admittedly that might make the council sad, perhaps offer to re-plant some trees elsewhere

Back