Are you taken seriously or are you ignored?

Bad attitudes aren't always just for female prospective buyers.

I was once renovating a property when I needed to see the property manager. I was splattered in paint and quite messy. When the PM saw me she first scowled and said dismissively "what do you want?" Then she recognised me as an owner rather than a scum tenant and her whole attitude changed completely.

She later really treated my tenants as scum, which is when I started self managing.

Can I honestly ask why would you want the attanetion of REAs as a buyer?
In my experience, in this market, they add no value at all. Most of the time they know very little about the property and I'd rather have them ignore me.

In my experience, in this market, they add no value at all. Most of the time they know very little about the property and I'd rather have them ignore me.

- they will let you know of properties prior to them hitting the net
- they will often reveal more info to you that can help you with your decision/negotiation
- they will sometimes try harder to make it work for you, be it meeting you at the property at odd hours, convincing the vendor that youre a serious buyer if there are additional conditions in your offer etc

there are lots of advantages to the agent seeing you differently to most people walking in the door

I inspected a property on Saturday. Agent kept calling just to check I really wanted to see it, even up to an hr before the appointment. Turned up with toddlers in tow and had a good look around. Made an offer first thing this morning. "Oh you shocked me, I never thought you'd make an offer. I'd already scheduled an open house for next week prior to your appointment".

- they will let you know of properties prior to them hitting the net
- they will often reveal more info to you that can help you with your decision/negotiation
- they will sometimes try harder to make it work for you, be it meeting you at the property at odd hours, convincing the vendor that youre a serious buyer if there are additional conditions in your offer etc

there are lots of advantages to the agent seeing you differently to most people walking in the door

Can't agree with this more.

Purchasing property interstate was a lot harder to get the information I wanted, with the right questions they will deliver... But doesn't amount to knowing the agent and having a good relationship with them.

I inspected a property on Saturday. Agent kept calling just to check I really wanted to see it, even up to an hr before the appointment. Turned up with toddlers in tow and had a good look around. Made an offer first thing this morning. "Oh you shocked me, I never thought you'd make an offer. I'd already scheduled an open house for next week prior to your appointment".
Bad agent. I went to a home open a couple of weeks ago where I know the agent. She treated every person who walked in a door as a prospective purchaser. I know she followed up with me and started negoting a price with the owner even though I hadn't said I would purchase the property!

Maybe that's your experience , but not mine.

Your best friend in the buying process is an agent who is acting in you interest and not the best interest of their Client . It happens all the time .:eek:

Be nice to them.

Cliff

Maybe that's your experience , but not mine.

Your best friend in the buying process is an agent who is acting in you interest and not the best interest of their Client . It happens all the time .:eek:

Be nice to them.

Cliff

REAs that try to get a good result for the vendor and a good result for the purchaser are good too.

REAs that try to get a good result for the vendor and a good result for the purchaser are good too.

If I where a REA I would be "marketing" my skills, personality etc to anyone and everyone whether I was going to make a commission from them or not.

Buyers become sellers, sellers become buyers. Business 101.

Back