Argument with partner - which unit

Haha neither are for us.

These are what friends are looking at, they were the best out of about 10 others.

Haha but little concerned for when comes time to build.

Not married/engaged yet.... so based on what everyone is saying, I should build the new houses prior to marraige to ensure I get what I want :eek:

Did you just look at the unit as it or factor in the location as well?

I really thought it was clear cut number 1 as well?

I was mainly commenting on the aesthetics, but some other comments:

Whilst I personally would prefer the inner east over west, I could see the Kurralta Park property performing better over the medium term with the uptick being seen across the inner west.

What appears to be a reasonably larger internal area, whilst smaller (and less private) rear yard. This isn't as much of an issue in my opinion, as if you were looking for these attributes, you wouldn't be looking at this type of security.

Front facade is far superior for property 1, and has decent potential to update the internals. Property 2 looks like a typical boring faux cottage design!

A touch close to South Road though, but you can't have it all for a lower price range!

Alright so some friends are looking at units. And looked at a few for them, been talking with my partner about what they are looking at...

I like this one, my partner thinks it ugly.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-unit-sa-kurralta+park-117453263

She likes this one, which I think is ugly.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-glynde-117419375#

Share your opinion. Am I wrong? Is it just a matter of opinion, I really thought it was clear cut. Forgetting suburb etc, just looks and layout.

I like them both!! Can see where you're coming from with the 60's 70's features that could look so good.

On the other hand, the flat she likes has a spacious kitchen, nice yard.

I'd go for aspect and then location to help you decide.

I was looking at the units in terms of broad rental appeal and resale ... so again I go for the single story unit with the self contained courtyard ... would appeal to a wider variety of renters/buyers in the unit market

I was looking at the units in terms of broad rental appeal and resale ... so again I go for the single story unit with the self contained courtyard ... would appeal to a wider variety of renters/buyers in the unit market

Me too :) (add ten characters)

First one only because the second ones kitchen and internals are so bad,

All things being equal, I'd still prefer the second one, the first one does have character but not really want to live in it, sort of feels cold and medieval

The first one for me. Much more appealing 'from the street'.

I think they both need sprucing up on the inside. If you did that to the first one, it would be a really nice little unit. If you did that to the 2nd one, it would be really nice on the inside, still wouldn't have that street appeal from the outside.

My 2 cents worth :)

Back