About Ladyboys

{Edit - thread split from this one: Australian marry a Thai lady - asset protection?}

How do you explain the disproportionate amount of LB's in Scamland? It's not something in the water, it's a career choice. I think you've been there before so you should know this. I've been visiting and living there on/off for 24 years and if you've spent a lot of time with them you'll see many don't have a genuine gender identity disorder. Some do it until their 30's then remove the makeup, cut their hair and go back to being a man.

Yes it's a lifestyle and career choice for many and they also think it's fun.

its because the line between gay and transvestite is never certain, when I was a kid, I used to run around with my mums bra on my head looking like mickey mouse, does that make me gay or a ladyboy? I currently put moisturiser on my ugly face, to try and not scare the neighbours kids away, does that make me a step closer to ladyboyism????

also, from the horses mouth, I asked a thai girl why so many ladyboys and her response was "well, its fashionable",

its all reasons why there are so many of them there, but like most women, they enjoy dressing up, putting make up on, and looking pretty

I doubt any of them would think, "hey im a pretty/ugly man, lets become a ladybody to earn more money"

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes as I said a lot of them do it for the lifestyle, fun and as a career option when they drift into prostitution.

How do you explain the disproportionate amount of LB's in Scamland? It's not something in the water, it's a career choice.

Yes it's a lifestyle and career choice for many and they also think it's sanook.

yes it is a career choice for some after they are already ladyboys. But not all ladyboys are prostitutes. And I doubt any man would think "hmm I might become a ladyboy as I can easily work as a prostitute"

Being a lady boy is not a choice, just like being gay,

Most will do the implants, hormone therapy, surgery, basically become a full woman except leave their bit on. The people that like/prefer/want ladyboys actually want their bits left on (dont ask me why), apparently they like the fact that physically they look like a woman but like the male way of thinking, but want to be reminded of this. Im not sure they'd still think like a man if they have all those hormone injections, id hate to imagine what it would be like once they becoming irrational, emotional, unreasonable and hormonal whilst having the strength of a man.

being a ladyboy is a really tough gig, you can earn fairly decent money while you are young, however to survive, you essentially have to be a hooker, and have to spend a lot on your upkeep to be able to participate in those fashion shows, or keep up with the others. As a result many of them get into drugs, and have mental issues, and often spend a huge chunk of their time looking for a wealthy foreigner to marry and move abroad with. And once they hit middle age, their work and desirability drops significantly, some have to go back to a man and work in an office

Bzzzt, wrong. Being a LB is a choice for the majority.
You are getting your gender identity and sexuality disorders confused.
They leave their bits on for 2 reasons:
1. they can't afford the operation.
2. it's just a phase they're going through and they grow out of it so they want it to be reversible. Removing silicon, makeup and cutting your hair is easy. Replacing a functioning penis is not easy.

yes it is a career choice for some after they are already ladyboys. But not all ladyboys are prostitutes. And I doubt any man would think "hmm I might become a ladyboy as I can easily work as a prostitute"

You might be surprised but a lot of Thai guys do think this. Beats earning 7,000 baht a month at Tesco or 7-Eleven.

Most ladyboys in Thailand are ladyboys as a career choice because the money is better working as a prostitute. And most will only go as far as silicon implants, grow their hair and wear makeup. They can create a fake vagina by inverting the skin of the testicles but it's not common and most of them have a penis.

Dex, I have been reading your posts and you really are just like your profile picture suggests. May as well be on facebook with your generalisations.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have only associated with ladyboy prostitutes in nana plaza or in pattaya then this would be an obvious conclusion. If however you have had friends who are ladyboys or worked with ladyboys you will know the majority are merely trying to integrate into society and work hard to make a living like most people. The proportion of ladyboys who work as prostitutes is actually quite small to the overall population.

From my experience it is like saying all thai or filipina girls work as prostitutes. For the sexpat or sex tourist they form this opinion because that is all they encounter during their sex tours. For others who deal with them on a daily basis in their standard occupations we realise this makes up a very small percentage of the overall population.

From my experience it is like saying all thai or filipina girls work as prostitutes. For the misinformed ignoramus they form this opinion because that is all they encounter during their sex tours. For others who deal with them on a daily basis in their standard occupations we realise this makes up a very small percentage of the overall population.

fixed that for you

some of the small minded ignorance on this thread is astonishing, congrats to those involved.

Bzzzt, wrong. blah blah.
You are getting your blah blah confused.

The brash arrogance for one so in-experienced is amazing.

have seen this language used by others on this forum who also have the impression that they know everything

If you have only associated with ladyboy prostitutes in nana plaza or in pattaya then this would be an obvious conclusion. If however you have had friends who are ladyboys or worked with ladyboys you will know the majority are merely trying to integrate into society and work hard to make a living like most people. The proportion of ladyboys who work as prostitutes is actually quite small to the overall population.

From my experience it is like saying all thai or filipina girls work as prostitutes. For the sexpat or sex tourist they form this opinion because that is all they encounter during their sex tours. For others who deal with them on a daily basis in their standard occupations we realise this makes up a very small percentage of the overall population.

about time someone brought some sense to this thread.

Yes I have friends who are ladyboys and have had employees who were ladyboys. And no I dont own a gogo bar. Im proud to call them friends. So yes some knowledge and find the comments extremely insulting to the transgendered. Same thing happened to the gay community and fortunately the majority of rednecks and ill informed came to accept those who are gay as normal productive members of society. Transgenders are the same. They deserve respect.

And you know everything Wattle?

Lighten up,don't be so serious.

It's open for discussion,both sides of coin.

Last edited:
Yes I have friends who are ladyboys and have had employees who were ladyboys. And no I dont own a gogo bar. Im proud to call them friends. So yes some knowledge and find the comments extremely insulting to the transgendered. Same thing happened to the gay community and fortunately the majority of rednecks and ill informed came to accept those who are gay as normal productive members of society. Transgenders are the same. They deserve respect.

Excellent post

Dex, I have been reading your posts and you really are just like your profile picture suggests. May as well be on facebook with your generalisations.

Dan, it sounds like you're sick of sending money back to Issan.

Good post. It annoys me when people assume you're a sexpat if you visit or live in Scamland and the Philippines. It's the same small minded ignorant people who say a guy with a Thai wife is a loser. The same people also think every woman in St Kilda or Kings Cross is a prostitute.

For the record I have several LB friends who have educated me about their lifestyle. I've also employed/worked with 3 and they were top blokes.

The brash arrogance for one so in-experienced is amazing.

have seen this language used by others on this forum who also have the impression that they know everything

Be assured I have more experience on this topic than you.

Great post. I wish more people were open minded like you.

Great post. I wish more people were open minded like you.

is this satire? you have been one of the ignorant, close minded posters here with gems like

Most ladyboys in Thailand are ladyboys as a career choice because the money is better working as a prostitute.

and

TMNT is correct with the excuses guys come out with to say "my girl is different" and your post is also spot on. An educated professional Thai woman from Bangkok would never get into a relationship with a westerner. There's a few reasons why but I won't go into it. The Thais you see with foreigners are from Issan (poverty area on Laos and Cambodia border) and they're doing it for the money.

yet youre congratulating someone else on being open minded and wishing others were the same??

my brain hurts, i think SS is giving me a tumour

Dan, it sounds like you're sick of sending money back to Issan.

Good post. It annoys me when people assume you're a sexpat if you visit or live in Scamland and the Philippines. It's the same small minded ignorant people who say a guy with a Thai wife is a loser. The same people also think every woman in St Kilda or Kings Cross is a prostitute.

You make unbelievably stupid assumptions about me, yet you are annoyed when people assume your a sexpat?

Somersoft has gone downhill allowed such rubbish.

330x182px-ll-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-eating-popcorn-theater-gif-gif.853

Back