Arrogance vs Confidence

Edit: At least what Dazz was presenting mostly was factual.

+1

I don't think banning him is in the best interests of the forum.

Sure, he tells it like it is, and he has a different view to the majority on here, but over the years, he has imparted some absolute gems. For anyone even thinking about dipping their toes into the realms of commercial, then Dazz is the man to ask for advice.

I'm very disappointed in the mods over this one.

+1

Sure, he tells it like it is, and he has a different view to the majority on here, but over the years, he has imparted some absolute gems. For anyone even thinking about dipping their toes into the realms of commercial, then Dazz is the man to ask for advice.

This

+1

+1

Got a lot out of Dazz's posts..... Very disappointed mods

Katherine welcome back to posting ... Get a lot out of you posts too

So one character trait is mentioned, and everybody, yourself included, thinks of one person. That's revealing.

From the last 20 or so posts it wasn't evident.

What about the separate thread created (now gone) by MarkB...?

Not evident? You must be blind Geoff.

I too got a lot out of Dazzs posts. Mostly to suck up any misfortunes that one may have and think differently to the crowd when it comes to investing.

There are plenty of others on here just as if not more arrogant than Dazz ever was. Isn't there a ignore feature for anyone who doesn't like what they read?

What about the separate thread created (now gone) by MarkB...?

Not evident? You must be blind Geoff.

I too got a lot out of Dazzs posts. Mostly to suck up any misfortunes that one may have and think differently to the crowd when it comes to investing.

There are plenty of others on here just as if not more arrogant than Dazz ever was. Isn't there a ignore feature for anyone who doesn't like what they read?

Exactly!

It appears this happened because Mark B started a thread to complain.

All this because Jackbak, a selfconfessed newbie who is apparently studying successful entrepreneur's, does not understand what Dazz was saying. I would suggest that instead of putting out bait for the bear, that Jackbak actually have a real discussion with Dazz, as he IS very successful, and it is TRUE, that a newbie, especially would not understand Dazz's perspective on the topic that was discussed.

Yep, very disapointed with this banning of Dazz.

Like I said, if you dont like it, hit the ignore button. But no, lets have him banned.:rolleyes: Ridiculous !

The baiting I reckon has come from his oponents in politics and they will have now succeded in compiling a nice little "dirt file" on him if he ever runs for parliament again.

Reactions: weg
+1

The forum is the poorer for not having Dazz's contributions.

He was either informative or entertaining, depending on his mood, but never bland.

Yep, very disapointed with this banning of Dazz.

Like I said, if you dont like it, hit the ignore button. But no, lets have him banned.:rolleyes: Ridiculous !

The baiting I reckon has come from his oponents in politics and they will have now succeded in compiling a nice little "dirt file" on him if he ever runs for parliament again.

Conspiracy theory much?

Exactly!

It appears this happened because Mark B started a thread to complain.

All this because Jackbak, a selfconfessed newbie who is apparently studying successful entrepreneur's, does not understand what Dazz was saying. I would suggest that instead of putting out bait for the bear, that Jackbak actually have a real discussion with Dazz, as he IS very successful, and it is TRUE, that a newbie, especially would not understand Dazz's perspective on the topic that was discussed.

I tried to bait the bear skater, are you serious? By my recollection this was the first time I've ever corresponded with Dazz so please don't imply that I've intentionally tried to rile him. I've never had an issue with him.

I did try and have a "real discussion" with Dazz - he wasn't interested. I understood what he said I just didn't agree with it, and that was where the problem was - he reeeeeaaaaallllly didn't appreciate me disagreeing with him. He could have explained what he meant instead of trying to belittle and mock from the first reply. And I had nothing to do with him being banned, I'm a big boy and don't have a problem with a bit of banter on the forums!

Yeah I've only been investing for 15 years so that makes me a 'newbie', and I'll always consider myself a newbie because I don't think you ever stop learning. Once you think you know it all you're in trouble....

For what it's worth I agree that the forum will be worse off without him. As others have pointed out he's not here to defend himself so I'd rather you let sleeping dogs lie as far as the debate Dazz & I had is concerned - I really don't want to go on with it or be brought into it.

Last edited:
Conspiracy theory much?

I don't think Dazz can ever be safely accused of having invented an imaginary world in his business model people just did not understand the way he thought,and he has been ostracized a common fate for dissenters from this site before,would not be the first time someone comes back under a different name and ips..

I thank Dazz as some of his comments resulted in me thinking about things I had not considered before. This in turn helped decisions I made moving forward and obviously for the better. I have also learned how to drink a cup of concrete.

Conspiracy theory much?

Nope, a reasonable and likely suspicion. It's happened before as someone else mentioned.

Gee, strong support being outwardly shown for Dazz to come back. :)

Lets hope he does use that opening of registering under a new nick. ;)

Nope, a reasonable and likely suspicion. It's happened before as someone else mentioned.

Gee, strong support being outwardly shown for Dazz to come back. :)

Lets hope he does use that opening of registering under a new nick. ;)

So you believe there should be an entirely different set of rules for Dazz? He was told repeatedly to pull his head in and chose not to. He's welcome to start his own forum if he wants to behave as he wants to

This topic has already been discussed in this thread - http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1176718#post1176718

If you have a problem with the moderation decisions, please feel free to contact me directly and I'll be happy to answer your questions and explain in more detail (if required) my reasons for deciding to ban Dazz. It is not a decision that was made lightly but it was frankly well overdue given the number of complaints we have received from many different forum members over the years.

sanj explained it perfectly: we can't have one set of rules for one person and a completely different set for everyone else.

Back