Asking to see lease before auction? Allowed?

So I'm interested in bidding at Auction on a property that is tennanted, do privacy laws prevent me from seeing the lease before sale? I'd also like to see the inspection sheet too, what do you think my chances are?

Oviously I want to check I wouldn't be inheriting a nightmare tennant, would like to check if this person is on the register for bad tennants (can't remember the name of the registry) at the open inspection the tennant made no attemp to clean the place, it was a stinking pigsty, but underneath all that mess a very nice house. There is some minor damage to tiles, shower screen etc, and if i could get my hands on the inspection sheet I'd know if this tennant caused it (therefore an issue to rectify out of bond monies at the end of lease) or if it was pre existing damage.

All replies greatly appreciated.

so I'm dealing with a dodgy agent then since he told me verbally I was not permitted to view the lease, hilarious

i googled that the Form 1 will be available 3 days prior to the Auction, so I'll just have to sit tight to get might strait answers till then

Last edited:
Back