ASX All Ords Accumulation Index Chart

Hi there,

Does anyone know a free source to find a chart of the ASX All Ords Accumulation Index?

Thanks.

Or this
http://au.finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=^AORD#symbol=^aord;range=1y;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

Terry these are All Ords Index charts, not accumulation index charts which include reinvested dividends.

Symbol for it is XAOAI so some software programs will be able to track it. All the charting websites i know dont recognise it though.

I think I have a link on the notebook for a site that has annual data- on an iPad at present so not at hand

June 2013 is 39163 and up 22.75%

I found this also to Nov 2013

XNJAI ASX 200 Industrials Accumulation Index 15.32%
XTOAI ASX 100 Accumulation Index 30.04%
XJOAI ASX 200 Accumulation Index 26.86%
XAOAI All Ordinaries Accumulation Index 23.74%
XKOAI ASX 300 Accumulation Index 25.20%
XTLAI ASX 20 Accumulation Index 35.29%
XMDAI ASX Midcap 50 Accumulation Index 7.39%
XSOAI ASX Small Ordinaries Accumulation Index -18.06%

Last edited:
Try this?

Free S&P/ASX Total Return (nee Accumulation) Data
  • Goto https://www.sp-indexdata.com
  • Register as a user, it?s free.
  • Click on ?Others? tab.
  • Select your time period, up to one year.
  • Select Australian Indices.
  • Select your index, whether it is the S&P/ASX All Ordinaries, S&P/ASX 200 or another.
  • If you want accumulation index then select Total Return.
  • Then Export.

Haven't tried it myself though

This Vanguard publication contains the Andex Chart for Australian investors up to 30th June 2013

https://static.vgcontent.info/crp/intl/auw/docs/resources/index_chart.pdf?20131216|090807

I've seen this chart (it looks great by the way!), but it tracks the value of $10k invested in different indices as opposed to showing the actual index itself (but is a reflection of the accumulation index movements).

You can get it for any time period if you google Vanguard Interactive Chart au.

I think I have a link on the notebook for a site that has annual data- on an iPad at present so not at hand

June 2013 is 39163 and up 22.75%

I found this also to Nov 2013

You can get year to date data from the S&P website - look up the All Ords index, then click on Fact Sheet, and in here it has total return (ie. accumulation) figures going back a year.

Symbol for it is XAOAI so some software programs will be able to track it. All the charting websites i know dont recognise it though.

Yeah I know of a couple of software programs that do track it, and might buy one of them as a last resort, though it would be a bit of a waste just to get one chart!

Can't find it there now.

Me neither :(

I did find this, which can be charted for free, but it takes withholding tax into consideration

The S&P / ASX 200 Net Total Return Index is similar to a total return index with cash dividends reinvested on the ex-date of the dividend. The difference is that a net total return index reinvests dividends after the deduction of withholding taxes where the withholding tax rate is that applicable to an investor in a non-tax treaty country.

Also S&P/ASX 200 Net Total Return Interactive Chart

Funny that a lot of companies comparison charts refer to the S&P/ASX Accumulation Index as it was introduced in May 1992 (prior to this the ASX All Ordinaries Accumulation Index was used) and cite Bloomberg as the source, but I can't see anything on Bloomberg :confused:

Thanks redwing,

I like the google chart of XNT, it might be the best free alternative that is closest to the All Ords Accumulation index.

Interesting piece from Vanguard looking at the S&P/ASX200 Index and the S&P/ASX200 Accumulation Index

What a difference five years can make. Contrast, the fortunes of the S&P/ASX200 Index (prices only) and the S&P/ASX200 Accumulation Index (share price plus dividends) over this period.

Five years ago on July 16, 2009, the S&P/ASX200 closed at 3995.6 points with further to fall in the depths of the GFC. Move forward to July 16, 2014 when this index closed at 5518.9 points - a rise of 38 per cent.

By contrast on July 16, 2009, the S&P/ASX200 Accumulation Index closed at 27,332.5. And move forward again to July 16, 2014, this index closed at 47,043.6 - a rise of 72 per cent.

In short, the accumulation index passed its pre-GFC high almost a year ago and hit an all-time high this month. Meanwhile, the S&P/ASX200 (price only) is still way below its pre-GFC high.

Back