aussie dollar?

Any ideas on whats going happen in the next 2 months?

doing some travelling to the US in August wanted to know if I should cash in now or later!

Thanks

In 2 months you could be looking at 95c or less.

The Australian dollar is probably set to slide back to 95 and hold for a while before going back to mid 80's. If interest rates drop again then where will be another sharp shift down. If unemployment rises next month it will shift down sharply again.

People are following George Soros on his gamble the Aussie dollar will continue to drop. I can't see that stabilising till at least a change in Govt and/or rise in interest rates.

I would like to see the Au$ go back to traditional levels 85 but I think it may hover around 95 for a while, I think no need to panick at the moment.

I think there was talk of another IR drop to ensure the AU$ falls back to help economy/business.

there is mixed opinion with many saying the call to the lower value is premature.

things will get pretty tough if the economy slows down and the AUD drops. the cost of living is already off the dial and I fear it is about to get a whole lot worse. I dread the days of 1990, everybody driving around in rust buckets and broke. It really does tkae a long time to recover from a labour government. the only saving grace is that rates are coming down which will benefit the typical poster on this discussion forum

God help us all when Liberal get in. Our economy is doomed.

Hahahahahahaha, you're funny.

Because its so awesome at the moment with the current mob and there 7 in a row deficits. They are just as awesome as QLD in State of Origin with that record.

I think you'll find by the end of the first term the Liberals will have a tight hold on the economy, most likely hitting a surplus in FY 15/16 if not earlier.

I agree with Tony Abbott in regards to his reply budget speech, complete COAG and make the federal and states accountable for what they are in charge of; this will save billions of dollars. Oh yeah and cut the APS. Too many bureaucrats.

After 7 years of party times with money giveaways it's time to pay it all back.

How hard can that be to understand people? :confused:

Abbott said, "it's time to be grown ups" or words to that effect.

It's going to be hard, ugly and a real PITA, but it needs to be done.

It's time to stop the money printing presses and to review and reform the tax system and economy as a whole.

Everyone knows it has to be done.

Party's over. Time to all be big grown ups and accept what's gone before and clean up the mess.

there is mixed opinion with many saying the call to the lower value is premature.

things will get pretty tough if the economy slows down and the AUD drops. the cost of living is already off the dial and I fear it is about to get a whole lot worse. I dread the days of 1990, everybody driving around in rust buckets and broke. It really does tkae a long time to recover from a labour government. the only saving grace is that rates are coming down which will benefit the typical poster on this discussion forum

Australians have bought enough new cars in the last few years to keep them going, I think.

China’s growth driving up the prices of commodities and a providing a source of cheap manufactured goods. Absolutely ideal for us. Fantastic for our terms of trade. Too bad it can't last forever.

Anyway the productivity reforms of the 1980s and the resources boom set us up nicely for private assets bubbles.

Cutting the APS does not mean firing. It means natural attrition. So your BA hasn't come in that handy.

You used the word "cutting" - that implies active removal.

cut·ting

/ˈkətiNG/

Noun

A piece cut off from something, esp. what remains when something is being trimmed or prepared.

In any case, it's a poor idea. We pour so much money into pointless things and then resort to cutting things that are actually useful and productive so we can say we made a saving. Seriously :rolleyes:

I work for one of the larger departments and our natural attrition rates are only 300 people per year. Do the math. Ill be looking to leave so I'll be trying to go back to local govt if I can.

Any ideas on whats going happen in the next 2 months?

doing some travelling to the US in August wanted to know if I should cash in now or later!

Thanks

Have you checked what the local buy rate is, as the exchange rate while linked to the buy/sell rate is not the same thing. I never exchange money here in Aus otherwise I would lose about 3k a year in poor buy rates.

Right, because firing people is really going to help economic growth. You know there's issues when someone with an arts degree has to point this stuff out :rolleyes:

Only someone with an arts degree could believe that cutting government jobs is bad for the economy.

There's a lot of bleating in Canberra about government jobs right now.

what's the bleating about?

whilst being necessary in some form, it must be appreciated that the entire city of canberra is pretty much a diversion from productive resources of the australian economy. If non-productive government employees made the economy strong then the woes of the modern world would be solved - just employee millions of bureaucrats

Back