Aussie open. Djokovic?

Some of the best tennis ever this year. What a great showpiece for Australia the Australian open is!

The final? Did Novak Djokovic pull a stunt last night and fake injury? Sure looked like it to me. His few stumbles he performed looked like the work of a second rate actor? But if it was an act, it worked, as Andy Murray fell to pieces in the end. I thought Andy had it won when Novak started stumbleing in the 3rd set. It got me too! It wasn't till the end that I realised Novaks stubbles looked a bit sus,

It was all fair as far as I'm concerned if Novak was putting on. Just another part of tactics and mind games in the world of sport.

See ya's.

I was thinking exactly the same.

Definitely playing games. I find that Murray is not so good at mind games and can't handle them.

A shame Fed and Rafa went out so early.

A shame Fed and Rafa went out so early.

Yes, although I think the top players have now figured Fed out and he will never win another major tournament.

The final? Did Novak Djokovic pull a stunt last night and fake injury? Sure .

I remember Djoko doing a similar thing to Rafa a few years back (2012) in the final. I didn't think he was going to make it and in the end he beat Nadal.

I'm playing tennis tonight in the local comp and thinking about fabricating an injury - might counteract the possible downside of a beer between sets.

Some of the best tennis ever this year. What a great showpiece for Australia the Australian open is!

The final? Did Novak Djokovic pull a stunt last night and fake injury? Sure looked like it to me. His few stumbles he performed looked like the work of a second rate actor? But if it was an act, it worked, as Andy Murray fell to pieces in the end. I thought Andy had it won when Novak started stumbleing in the 3rd set. It got me too! It wasn't till the end that I realised Novaks stubbles looked a bit sus,

It was all fair as far as I'm concerned if Novak was putting on. Just another part of tactics and mind games in the world of sport.

See ya's.
Gerard Waitley said as much on the ABC yesterday morning.

He (Djokovic) would have made a good soccer player with that performance. :p

Andy got sucked into it and let it distract him, unfortunately.

I lost last night, TC.
In a tie break, though.
Tried a bit of gamesmanship and some mind games when things were looking wobbly, but it didn't work.

Boy, she had a killer forehand.

Scott

Murray definitely changed his game when Djokovic showed signs of injury.

The slides he was pulling off at the end of the game were a clear indication the psych game was won.

Did you get to give her a volley? ;)

DunlopVolley.jpg

no good for tennis, mate.

I'm not a big fan of tennis but like to watch it now and then. Could someone explain to me why Murray got distracted by his opponents "injuries"? Wouldn't you just keep on playing as you are and not worry if your opponent is hurt?

I'm not a big fan of tennis but like to watch it now and then. Could someone explain to me why Murray got distracted by his opponents "injuries"? Wouldn't you just keep on playing as you are and not worry if your opponent is hurt?

When you see that your opponent is hurt, you let your guard down and tend to play with less intensity because you think you will win and don't give it 100% anymore.

Because you need your mind trained in tennis probably more then in any other sport... To keep your level of play even if you think your opponent is hurt, to "ignore" result when you losing 0:5 and play as it was 5:5, and probably most challenging to play opponents multiple match points as you were just starting the game and save the match :) I know Djokovic can do that, showed us before so many times, saving match points and ends up winning big! Probably something Murray still needs to work on...

Back