Australias next Prime Minister

PS: One of the last things Obama said in his final speech before the election was " Vote for revenge".

Revenge for what exactly...? Revenge is not a positive word in my book.

You've taken that quote a bit out of context. Whilst Obama was giving a speech, his fans booed when he mentioned Romney's name. Obama replied with "No, no, no, don't boo – vote. Voting is the best revenge." It was a passing and not particularly malicious remark.

This always devolves down into the mud.

To my mind, every adult in Australia has a fairly simply choice.

They have all previously experienced 12 years of Govt under the coalition.

They have all now experienced 5 years of Govt under Labor.

You simply need to decide which regime was best for you and/or the country as a whole and vote accordingly.....there's no need to go into all of the grubby stuff.

Vote for what worked best for you.
Voting on things that directly apply to one's self doesn't always provide the right outcome.

The lower paid and victim/Union mentality folk - of which would comprise more than 1/2 of the workforce I'd wager will vote for the mob who gives them more help personally, and not necessarily for the betterment of the Country long term.

The long term view is often harder on the individual in the short term, and Pollies tend to not want to upset their potential voters to keep them in/get them on the gravy train.

It's a hard one. For example;

For me; as an employer the idea of changing the Employer Contributions from 9% up to god knows where it will stop is a bad thing. In July it kicks up another 1/4%, which is another cost I have to try and turn into a profit somehow if at all - most likely just another cost we'll all have to cop in the behind.

As an employee of the company I own; WOOHOO!, so bring it on.

So, is it good for me? yes and no (but really; no)..

Is it good for the Country? It depends on which side of the employee/employer fence you are sitting I suppose.

As an employer, I reckon it is just another thing that will erode productivity and profitability in small (and possibly large) business here in Aus....less jobs and more businesses moving offshore or closing. It's a direct cost to the business which may not be able to be covered by increased sales/profits.

As an employee; it is going to help everyone retire to a better lifestyle hopefully. A larger number of better cashed up retirees wandering around and less whining narrow pensioners creating pains in all our collective backsides.

The only prob is the Gubbmint dabbling in the whole scheme; and it won't end, and it will become less attractive for the employee as time goes on I'll wager.

Back