Baby Names - Michaela or Makayla

jackie-chan-confused.jpg

*cough Coopers Pale Ale cough*

hahaha it goes alright aswell.

We named our boy Nikita(stress on second syllable) which is strictly a masculine name in Eastern Europe... He'll probably shorten it to Nik when/if we ever move back to Australia...I think the French version is pronounced NikiTA and is used for females...

Mikayla springs to my mind as the automatic spelling for this one....easy for others who have to write it down as you go through life (as a person who has no end of problems with our surname).

But I like Michaela for a more cultured version.

. One name we like (if it is girl) is "mih-KAY-lah" (phonetically spelled).

.So wanted to do a snap poll - if someone told you there name was "mih-KAY-lah", how would you assume it is spelt:

a. Michaela
b. Makayla

I thought Mikayla as per Chaos

Michaela or Mikayla

not
Makayla (mah- KAY-lah) as the pronunciation is different.

Though I don't mind Makayla (mah- KAY-lah)

According to Baby Names

The meaning of the name Makayla is Who is like God?.

The history and meaning of the name Makayla is very fascinating and interesting. Name Makayla is a Girl name. The origin of beautiful and unique baby name Makayla is Hebrew, although name Makayla along with the other Hebrew baby names for Girls is popular in different regions of the world.

For many years, the name Makayla was in the Top 100 baby names. Currently, the name Makayla is number 37 in the Popular Baby Names list.

Same Meaning: Michal, Michele, Mikala, Micaiah, Michael, Michaiah, Mick, Mickey, Micky, Miguel, Mike, Mikey, Mischa, Mitch

Back