Bali Hotels

Hi all...

Here to pick your brains again...:)
We are planning short notice holiday to Bali next month, and are wondering where to stay. We haven't been to Bali since pre-Bali bombing, and have since had two kiddies. In the past we have stayed in Kuta, at the Bounty Resort, but that was when we were young and didnt care if night-time sleep was limited!:rolleyes:

Now we are looking to stay in a family friendly resort, not in Kuta, and away from higher risk areas. I realise you cant be completely protected, but we obviously want to minimise risk.

So a 3/4 star hotel that is kid-friendly would be ideal
Any suggestions?

Nadia

Hi Nards.
Can I suggest you go to balitravelforum.com and ask your question there. If you don't want to register send me a PM and I'll ask the question for you.

Seminyak or Legian area is my preferred location. It's near Kuta but has a better clientele. There is great shopping and wonderful restaurant choice.

An idea of your room per night budget would be helpful too. There are thousands of hotels 3-4 star. search-
Jayakarta
Melasti Beach Resort
Legian Beach Hotel
Padma (but more expensive)
All good locations- easy walk to restaurants, beach, shopping.

If you want something quieter try Sanur. That's nice for families. Sorry I don't know many hotels there.

January is normally busy but planes aren't full (very unusual) so you shouldn't have difficulty except in the first week.

Bali is my second home. I go often. If you want any more info feel free to PM me.

This will be the first New Year in a long time that I won't be there.
I'll be cruising to New Zealand for something different.

Last edited:
Legian Beach Hotel is great; Patra Jasa at Tuban - a bit away from the hustle of Kuta but a short walk to the beach; Padma, Jayakarta for cheaper option. We were there in January a few years ago - my god it was HOT!!!! And when it rains, it floods!

I also stayed in Nusa Dua, at the Nikko Bali, which was very nice. They scan each vehicle coming in for explosives (boot and with a mirror underneath), so you can more comfortable that it's safe.

Downside of resorts in Nusa Dua is that they're half an hour in the taxi to go to Kuta, and each is self-contained, i.e. you can't walk anywhere, you have to get a taxi. But if you don't mind that, Nikko is a great holiday.

I wouldn't stay in Nusa Dua unless you plan on just staying in the resort. Restaurants are limited. Shopping is overpriced. Nusa Dua has actually suffered (more than other areas) since the bombings. The big shopping complex is closed.
Watersports are good there but I'd just go to Banoa for the day for watersports (fro other areas).

From Seminyak, Legian or Sanur you find everything you need You can bargain for day trips to anywhere on the island. You don't need to eat in overpriced hotels. If you are a foody I can send you my restaurant list. It's VERY long. I love eating in different restaurants every night. If you don't like bargaining I can give you a price guide and the name of some fixed price (cheap) shops.

Back