• No

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Yes due to the AFP's involvement

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • No, they were going to do it anyway

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting that the only women to be executed has been spared as someone has come forward with further information on this. Apparently there is proof she may have been set up.

The Filipino girl was forced into being a carrier mule. The duo would have killed her if she didn't help them.

i feel sad that two lives are lost.. and all we could do is "nothing".

at best Tony abbot is pulling ambassador back(big deal:confused:). what a joke!

Can't blame Abbott for this. Precisely your question, what can he do?

Anyway it'll be a long time I go to Indonesia again, let alone Bali. Maybe never. But I'm sure the boganaires will happily keep the economy up.

I would blame my idiot family member for taking drugs in the first place and then I would hope that the people selling the drugs would spend the rest of their life in jail.

same logic applies to the two here. the only people to blame for the execution of the two, are the two.
the idiots took drugs into the country that has death penalty for it, got caught, got what they deserve for being such idiots.

On bigger news, 5000 people are dead in Nepal. I hope we put as much energy into rebuilding the lives of the survivors.

same logic applies to the two here. the only people to blame for the execution of the two, are the two.
the idiots took drugs into the country that has death penalty for it, got caught, got what they deserve for being such idiots.

Nope because no one is blaming someone else for their crimes, no one is saying they are not guilty and no one is saying they shouldn't do the time.

What we are saying, or im saying, is that execution is not the answer its primitive to say the least.

These individuals could have been used by the Indonesians to increase the skill set of other prisoners within the jail.

Strannik, you've got your facts wrong. The Bali Nine were taking drugs OUT of the country, NOT into the country. This is a piece of factual information that the Indonesian media keep misrepresenting to their own people.

Strannik, you've got your facts wrong. The Bali Nine were taking drugs OUT of the country, NOT into the country. This is a piece of factual information that the Indonesian media keep misrepresenting to their own people.

it doesn't matter.
they were in possession of a quantity of drugs that warrants the death penalty.
whether they were taking it in, out, or just bought it for personal consumption is irrelevant.

just like the junkies that overdose and die, they made a decision which cost them their lives. they were fully aware of the consequences should they get caught.

also given the circumstances, the fact that they were taking it out is even worse.
someone must've imported that heroine into indonesia, and since these two refused to give up that someone, shows they have no remorse for what they've done, and that someone will keep importing drugs

Maybe the deaths of these 2, will save many more.

Knowing if you get caught in Indonesia with drugs, you could actually face the firing squad....may make some people think twice.

Having a death penalty, but never using it, will not be a deterrent.

Personally, I am glad they postponed the execution of the woman.

The death sentence is not mandatory for trafficking offenses over there from my understanding.

The problem with this whole case in my opinion is the last 10 years and what the two boys have done since they were caught.

Firstly, they have spent 10 years in jail already. That is a sentence even a lot of murders don't get these days. These boys have already done some time. Not enough I'd say - a sentence of say; 15 years would be about enough.

Second; from all reports they have been reformed. Apparently not many folks go to jail and come out better; these two seem to have achieved that.

The President has made a bad call on this one.

He has the power to look at this case and make a fairer decision of say; 20 years, with time served.

If I had a son/daughter who died of a drug overdose; this length of sentence would seem about right to me.

After all; my son/daughter or anyone elses kids - they had the choice not to take the drugs as well.

After all; my son/daughter or anyone elses kids - they had the choice not to take the drugs as well.

that's what i'm pointing out, these guys had a choice of not trafficking drugs in indonesia too.
but i agree with your point about 10 years. you can blame moratorium for that, these guys should've been shot long time ago.

Maybe the deaths of these 2, will save many more.

Knowing if you get caught in Indonesia with drugs, you could actually face the firing squad....may make some people think twice.

Having a death penalty, but never using it, will not be a deterrent.

QUOTE]

Barlow and Chambers. It seems every generation has to learn this lesson.

Good riddance !!!! I feel sorry for the young girl about 14yo Iice addict I saw this morning crying and with snot and phlegm over her face and matted hair here in Kings Cross rather than two drug traffickers bringing it in so I can get my house burgled and be bashed and robbed on the street when I'm walking home from work.

Good riddance you greedy *******s !!

If only Australia had the death penalty for some of those guys here who committed horrendous crimes against women. And I can think of a few scum that need to be shot.

Whether a new president wants to save face or the fact that drug dealing is a despicable crime it doesn't matter, killing convicted people is never okay IMO.
They way a society treats such people is a reflection of its institutions and standing IMO

You seem very cruel mate... The alternative is keeping these people in prison for the rest of their lives.. Why not let them have a choice?

As a former Prison Worker I can assure you it's also cruel on the workers that have to work with these people everyday to see their vileness particular to elderly prisoners.
Locking people up for life is cruel mate. No I would be against that.

You seem very cruel mate... The alternative is keeping these people in prison for the rest of their lives.. Why not let them have a choice?

As a former Prison Worker I can assure you it's also cruel on the workers that have to work with these people everyday to see their vileness particular to elderly prisoners.

alarms add value

So what's the answer?

To let many out means more reoffending - on ABC radio this morning they had a rep from the Police force discussing various issues, and he stated that he has never seen a crim come out of jail as a better person.

I know one possible answer; be enlisted into the Armed Forces as basic Privates to serve their Country for life.

They can still progress through and obtain Promotions etc based on their merit, and they will be doing something good for all of us who have to clothe, house and feed them as we would if they were in jail.

The Armed Forces might knock a few rough edges of some of these folks.

That's not true.

If it's so cruel then why did these two men (and most others on death row) not want to be executed? I don't think your in a position to say that every 'lifer' would prefer to be dead. I don't see the other members of the Bali 9 facing a life sentence campaigning to have their sentence changed to death...

the source doesn't seem credible to me.
seems like another guy trying to be famous

i'm not suggesting there is no corruption in Indonesia, I'm suggesting that article is total BS

Based on what? Your gut feeling?

Watch the interviews if you don't believe the article is credible...

I have been hearing a lot about how they were reformed characters and deserved a second chance.

If they hadn't been caught would they still have reformed, or would they still be doing it?

..just a thought..

Last edited:
Back