• No

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Yes due to the AFP's involvement

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • No, they were going to do it anyway

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And don't forget coffee drinkers. That's a stimulant that can give one the jitters, damn caffeine! Shoot em all!

Legalise the lot.

Remove the glamour and mystique factor and use the proceeds to educate,(not scaremonger),kids on the use and effects of these substances and free up skilled scientists and researchers to uncover the benefits.

Make millions of scumbags worldwide like these two redundant and unable to cut these drugs with all kinds of crap that can kill.

In this enlightened day and age it is unbelievable that we allow people like this to get rich on the back of prohibition when they are to the pharmaceutical business what King Herrod was to babysitting.......

Exactly.

I wished it did work.

Look at SS. How many here are doing illegal drugs?
They keep trying to justifying it by saying, it's not hurting anyone, I'm not addicted, etc.

It may surprise you Kathryn but not all addicts are on welfare.
I have a number of clients who are managers of reputable companies and a number who are property investors.

I do concede that a lot are on welfare, don't have great pasts and unlikely to have great futures.

However, my point still stands that there are some who are relatively successful

Legalise the lot.

Remove the glamour and mystique factor and use the proceeds to educate,(not scaremonger),kids on the use and effects of these substances and free up skilled scientists and researchers to uncover the benefits.

Make millions of scumbags worldwide like these two redundant and unable to cut these drugs with all kinds of crap that can kill.

In this enlightened day and age it is unbelievable that we allow people like this to get rich on the back of prohibition when they are to the pharmaceutical business what King Herrod was to babysitting.......
And it may work,
its better than both current systems anyway

at least read what you are commenting on
I have a number of clients who are managers of reputable companies and a number who are property investors.

I do concede that a lot are on welfare, don't have great pasts and unlikely to have great futures.

However, my point still stands that there are some who are relatively successful
another fatuous argument, some smokers don't die of cancer, so tobacco is harmless

there are some who are relatively successful pphhhhhht

Interesting...no where do I mention welfare.

WattleIdo- need to shake it up a bit here sometimes :)

Mush- who looks after the drug addicts...when all they think about is their next hit.
I certainly don't want my doctor, nurse, lawyer, banker or any other person, who may be under the influence, having anything to do with my life.
Their brain is unbalanced.

datto & jakack... do you partake, by chance?

Mush- who looks after the drug addicts...when all they think about is their next hit.
I certainly don't want my doctor, nurse, lawyer, banker or any other person, who may be under the influence, having anything to do with my life.

Kathryn,remember that drugs are currently used legally to BALANCE peoples minds.

I am advocating returning the control and distribution of these substances into skilled hands where they may be legitimately researched and monitored.

Kathryn,remember that drugs are currently used legally to BALANCE peoples minds.

I am advocating returning the control and distribution of these substances into skilled hands where they may be legitimately researched and monitored.

That is interesting.
Learn something every day.

Didn't know that meth, heroin, cocaine etc are used to balance minds.

Nope...still don't want anyone who partakes, to have anything to do with my life.

I'll sit in the corner here and savour and guard my coffee:D

Interesting that so many support drug use.

Plane-Crash.jpg

have they shot them yet?

at least read what you are commenting on
another fatuous argument, some smokers don't die of cancer, so tobacco is harmless

there are some who are relatively successful pphhhhhht

I did read what I was commenting on.

See post 334. Kathryn asked how many people on somersoft use illegal drugs.
I deal with these people every day. As I said before, I know some who are property investors and may well be on here.

Not sure what you are trying to say with the smoking angle. IMO people should be judged on their merits, a blanket statement that all of them are good or bad does not apply.

My welfare comment was just to demonstrate that not all of them are deadbeats.

Close to 50,000 people in this country are on a methadone program. There is every chance you have dealt with someone in some capacity before

I have seen clients from a lot of different occupations

http://theconversation.com/a-snapshot-of-methadone-and-buprenorphine-treatment-in-australia-7752

That is interesting.
Learn something every day.

Didn't know that meth, heroin, cocaine etc are used to balance minds.

Nope...still don't want anyone who partakes, to have anything to do with my life.

I'll sit in the corner here and savour and guard my coffee:D

Interesting that so many support drug use.

I don't think that people are supporting drug use,rather trying to change a system that has failed miserably over a considerable period of time and enriched many a criminal.

You probably do not even realise that you already deal with people in your life who partake.

The point I am trying to make is that decriminalisation would allow education and production of clean drugs administered in the correct quantities resulting in a more controlled environment which would surely be of more benefit to society in general.

I don't think that people are supporting drug use,rather trying to change a system that has failed miserably over a considerable period of time and enriched many a criminal.

You probably do not even realise that you already deal with people in your life who partake.

The point I am trying to make is that decriminalisation would allow education and production of clean drugs administered in the correct quantities resulting in a more controlled environment which would surely be of more benefit to society in general.

I'm not naive enough to think, I haven't had some junk-heads involved somewhere, in my life.

I guess you and I will need to disagree about the best way to deal with drugs.

Back